lc 180

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
has anyone purchased a lc 180 and had a revo done to it. I have one on mine but i would like feedback from others. What cars can you compare this too, what power do you put out and most faq how fast . Especially compared to those dreaded BMW drivers, i know cos i used to have one, but reformed now.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well i bought same car and got a generic map similar to revo!! if i was honest i would go custom as every car is different in its own way, but with most maps at stage 1 expect about a 20-30 bhp increase same with torque to i think!! research on here ther is loads of stuff mate!!

i can beat my mates 210lcr and keep with rs focus's for a while but like i say each car is different!!

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Mine goes OK. Not had anything keep up recently but I don't think many people have been trying (except for the odd toy boy racer in a 1.1 Corsa or the like, and then its just a joke).

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I agree with Tris on this one.

When the LC/LCR first appeared, they were quick compared to the majority of other road cars.

Now every other slightly sporty car has the same power, or more. I see mazda 3's with 250bhp std and 270/280lbft.... but the mazda is such an ugly non sporty car that grannies drive!!!! Then you've got the focus' etc etc.....

200bhp used to be the hot-hatch mark. Personally i think its up at 250-300bhp now.

Revo'd LC would be somewhere in the region of 190-210bhp, depending on what else has been done to the car.

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
I have a LC 180 with REVO stage 1 for about 3 months and its brillant. I also have a full exhaust system with 100cell sports CAT, K&N Panel Filter, Forge DV and it set to run on 98+RON fuel only.

I have yet to get it on the rollers but I guessing BHP is 205-215Bhp but the difference in torque is what I notice, searching for an SPS2 or 3 at the moment as well, I find getting the power down is tricky this time of year, but my tyres are pretty naff so when they are worn I'm after some super sticky ones!!

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
Personally this annoys me - people have a facination with out and out bhp/torque figures on rolling roads but thats really not the be all and end all.

If you look at Said Mazda for example - yes it is 250 bhp and has a load of torque but in sheer on raod performance, the difference between a 6.1 second car and a 7.3 second car is fairly negligable. (Driver ability, tyres, etc)

Over the years my Dad has had Cossies, Imprezas, 300zx's etc and ive been on many other faster cars than my lc 180. The only two cars that felt noticably quicker were the Impreza (STI Prodrive addtioin 305bhp) and his 300 zx (280bhp) These imo, only felt quicker due to the sheer amount of grip and ability to put the power down from a launch etc.

Personally for me its not just sheer BHP but how the car handles and puts down the power on the road.

e.g torque steer (e.g Astra VXR pulls all over the place), chasis ability when thrown about etc (Mk4 Astra GSI - take it from me - needs serious mods to handle well). (e.g a clio 182 handles the power and chasis is matched perfectly and most imprezas etc would find it hard to shake off.)

I am not one of these people who thinks the LC 180 is the fastest thing on earth, it isnt, i just think in a daily, busy, uk road environment its a lot quicker than people give it credit for.

rant over lol

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
cheers chris, i agree with ya. Not all necessary about the bhp, its how you actually drive the car. Still finding it pretty wank in the wet though, hope it gets better as the weather does.

Chris 16v

Nov 10, 2005
In the wet i dont bother putting my foot down in 1st, gentle acceleration in 1st and then start pressing on on 2nd, in the dry its another story, the boost in first is fantastic.

Has anyone on here hada run alongside an astra coupe turbo? My best mate has one, standard - they are 200 bhp and 184 llbt of torque - his car and mine are identical to the point where we could shake hands through the windows (havent done this lol)

More power does not equate to more speed all the time :)

janowski1980

Platinum Grey
Dec 18, 2006
Hampshire
are you from any where near portsmouth. I had an x5 cut me up today, should have seen the look on his face when i floored it in third and p****d all over him. ANd he was a Portsmouth Player, not sure which one though.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
I agree with chris totally like his dad ive had many cars but it all depends on driver ability to a certain standard more obvious on trackdays when people have the power but cant handle it they piss me off, ive had lesser cars and beat faster ones due to being able to drive, so more power needs more control you do that and people will find it hard to compete unless the power difference is stupid!!

Last edited:

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
Has anyone considered using area under the torque curve to the red line as an out and out measure of total power. I think it would be a better figure and give a better comparision point between cars and between petrol and diesel.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.