'Turbo Pipe' Popped off - Again!

Marky P

Hello all,

please see here for the beginings of my woe... :cry:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105559

Well it happened again last night. The new pipe seems to have popped off.

Now, this happened whilst I was changing gear - could it be something to do with the boost control system?

I don't know much about plumbing but It sounds to me like the boost had nowhere to go - like the blow-off valve was not working correctly and the pressure popped the pipe off again.

Now, I know the diesels do not have a blow-off valve for releasing boost pressure, what is the equivalent on a diesel?

Does anybody have any ideas? :confused:

Marky P

It seems as though it's the pipe between the intercooler and the turbo.

This is a hard plastic pipe with a funny coupling that wouldn't take a jubilee clip (according to my mechanic )

he reckons it might be engine mounts causing the engine to move and pull the pipe off.

Are there any options for keeping the pipe in place?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
There must be something wrong for it to keep popping off all the time. I've never had any problems with my PD130 and it moves all over the place on the mounts.

T. Spark

Same thing happen to me whilst running a stock intercooler a month or so ago, got fixed under warrenty and didnt pop off again, since I have replaced it with a FMIC from Forge, and that has popped yet...

Good luck mate

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
Hello all,

please see here for the beginings of my woe... :cry:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105559

Well it happened again last night. The new pipe seems to have popped off.

Now, this happened whilst I was changing gear - could it be something to do with the boost control system?

I don't know much about plumbing but It sounds to me like the boost had nowhere to go - like the blow-off valve was not working correctly and the pressure popped the pipe off again.

Now, I know the diesels do not have a blow-off valve for releasing boost pressure, what is the equivalent on a diesel?

Does anybody have any ideas? :confused:
since it doesn't have a throttle plate it always has somewhere to go, I assume you have the clik together pipe system, if so use a new clip (there are about 3 different sizes) if that does not work try to remove both sides of the joint and refit on the bench and check the clip is bottoming out both sides some of the plastic may need relieving to alow the clip a good "bite" or even remove some of the inner round face of the clip to give 2 good right angles [B)]