REVO'd FR TDi whats your mpg?

T. Spark

er i only get between 35 and 38 mpg and that with fairly careful driving (gotta watch the points if you know what i mean:ban: ) thats on a FR with green filter and PD160 intake and nothing else.

Then there is something very wrong imo.

If driving steady 40mpg depending on traffic and roads should be easy to get tbh.

What sort of milage is that over? How often is the car driven hard? Checked type pressure's etc? Always have air-con/climate control on? What gear would you be in say at 30mph? 40mph? 50mph etc? Do you find yourself braking often for stupid ass cars infront!? What time of day do you drive?

All this could have a effect on mpg being so low/high tbh.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
30 3rd, 40 4th, 50 4th or 5th. i only drive at the weekends and its usually 150 miles + some town centre driving but mainly driving in the suberb area.

T. Spark

30 3rd, 40 4th, 50 4th or 5th. i only drive at the weekends and its usually 150 miles + some town centre driving but mainly driving in the suberb area.

I normally drive a gear up, aka 30mph would be 4th etc.

I also leave plenty of space infront and rarely stop the car... aka i'll slow down when I see traffic ahead stopped etc, then take speed up slowly, etc.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
30 in 3rd is running at about 1900rpm, so putting her into 4th would deffo be labering her!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
yeah thats what i thought watching the live MPG display, mind you if i really want to get my MPG highter i could just idle in 6th at 30mph and never accelerate:bleh:.
i don't know maybe my right foot is heavier than most, i do drive a slow as fooowk van all week

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
i normally keep mine on about 2000rpm so the engine is just floating on the edge of boost so you need very little throtle to accelerate, but hey what do i know i'm the one with the worst MPG on here :cry:

T. Spark

Surely 30 in 4th would be putting strain on the engine? You'd be running at like 1300 revs wouldn't you?

I class around 33mph on the "clock" as 30mph real time mind. At that speed its around 1500rpm.

No strain, no clutch slip, and better mpg than people who sit at 2k, so erm, im gunna stick with it! 40,000 miles and counting.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
might be differant without a remap matey, but also all cars are different so it's whatever works for ya. i'll try different things to see if it improves

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise