REVO'd FR TDi whats your mpg?

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
Hello everyone!

People with remapped FR TDi's, what sort of MPG should I be getting?

Had mine done two weeks ago :cartman: (300miles ago) and my average mpg is 40??? :cry: What do you guys get. Please bare in mind this is all A-roads, as we IOM'ers don't have motorways! lol

Just read a thread on the new Leon FR TDi and that was interesting reading!

Ta muchly

Brett.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
Over the last 3k miles ive averaged 51mpg according to the trip computer...

I can get between 64mpg and 40mpg on my 13 commute to work, depending what mood im in...

I dont go on any motorways BTW

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
my average mpg on the comp (setting 2) is 40mpg, but i do give it some, as a golf gti driver found out the other day, hahahaha

Triple D

my average is about 33 mpg and same on the 2nd average mpg setting too,

T. Spark

my average is about 33 mpg and same on the 2nd average mpg setting too,

Thank god m8y, thought I was the only one :p

All puffs if you get 50mpg+ over silly miles if u ask me :D

j/k! I can get 50-60mph on the trip computer on my work run of 22 miles.

Saying that my record is 61.3mpg on the way to work one day (not in any rush so was going REALLY easy!)

As I work nights, the roads are empty (non-motorway aswell) and I have managed to get 16.8mpg on the way back home one night... that erm, meant driving rather swifly I might add.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
there are two readings spyke...

when you go to average mpg, there will be a number 1 in the top right corner of the screen, this average c;lears after 2 hours but if yo press reset once, it will change to a number two and this will show the average since it was last rest or over the last 100 hours of driving.

Hope this helps

Triple D

On my run down to surrey last night i averaged 56mpg at a steady 60-70mph, and on the way back it dropped to 49.5mpg with a few 13? mph balsts. :whistle:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
there are two readings spyke...

when you go to average mpg, there will be a number 1 in the top right corner of the screen, this average c;lears after 2 hours but if yo press reset once, it will change to a number two and this will show the average since it was last rest or over the last 100 hours of driving.

Hope this helps

I don't have a number 2, pardon the expression :blink: Anyone else not have it?

Edit ignore me, didn't read you have to press the reset button

Last edited:

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
On my run down to surrey last night i averaged 56mpg at a steady 60-70mph, and on the way back it dropped to 49.5mpg with a few 13? mph balsts. :whistle:

what were you doing in surrey dude?? should have said something, i would have come said hi to ya!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
this makes me feel much better! mine used to read an average of around 45-50mpg around town....now it reads 37-40mpg.....and a 22 mile trip i used to get 55mpg...i now struggle to get 45mpg!

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
I get around 350-400 town driving (Full Tank)

450+ from motorway driving

Have seen less than 300 with fun driving :whistle:

thank f?ck for that then! really thought I was the only one here peeps :-o even without revo i struggled to get 50mpg or 425 miles to a tank, now I'm getting bout 40mpg or 300-375 miles to a tank! lol

Not that I'm worrying, as the power/torque comes in rather handy! :bleh:

Will try the reset button on the trip and see what happens...I tend to reset the mileage and trip when I fill up, so will have a nosy tomorrow on the way to work! Cheers peeps :happy:

Triple D

I tend to get about 330 miles out of a tank on good times, and occasionally i have had sub 200 miles out of a tank :( :whistle:

Jan 29, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
thank f?ck for that then! really thought I was the only one here peeps :-o even without revo i struggled to get 50mpg or 425 miles to a tank, now I'm getting bout 40mpg or 300-375 miles to a tank! lol

Not that I'm worrying, as the power/torque comes in rather handy! :bleh:

Will try the reset button on the trip and see what happens...I tend to reset the mileage and trip when I fill up, so will have a nosy tomorrow on the way to work! Cheers peeps :happy:

Ambient temp can have an effect on fuel economy too... my average in winter is about 49-55mpg whilst its between 40-45 in summer (12c upwards)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
lucky for you guys my mpg in the cupra petrol re-mapped is 35mpg (max!) on the motorway and always around 20mpg around town and that! damn juicy!!!

mexicorich

Apr 17, 2006
Hartlepool
Hmmn
My standard 130 Sport has averaged 42mpg with fairly careful driving but I never do less than 80mph on dual carriageway. The Skoda VRS guys all seem to get better fuel consumption than Seat owners. Are they all liars?

T. Spark

Hmmn
My standard 130 Sport has averaged 42mpg with fairly careful driving but I never do less than 80mph on dual carriageway. The Skoda VRS guys all seem to get better fuel consumption than Seat owners. Are they all liars?

Nope, just girls when it comes to driving hard :D

J/K! Dont want a vRS vs FR war (we would win mind, but its not far on them :p)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
er i only get between 35 and 38 mpg and that with fairly careful driving (gotta watch the points if you know what i mean:ban: ) thats on a FR with green filter and PD160 intake and nothing else.