Colour choice

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
i know people arent a big fan of black, but i have a mk4 ibiza cupra in black and love it, looks the nuts i think. Yes it does show up dirt really easy, but when it is clean i think it looks brilliant

Click in the link in my signature for pcis of my car, but here's one to tempt you....

latestpic1qi4.jpg

Like i said, there are more pics in my sig of my car clean and the reflections are amazing! Go on, you know you want to!!! :D

Last edited:

yatesy

I thourght it was going to be easy, walk into the dealers and 'I WANT A RED ONE'.

Now I dont know:confused: , oh the agony!!!!!;)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Red is still noce, my first one i loved, and when it was polished up it looked sooooo good. Plus it actually tends to be one of the rarer colours around, even though SEAT used it as the advertising colour for the original FR's.

But one of the nicest colours i have seen in the facelift FR has to be the is the Muna Grey think it is not sure, but its a dark anthracite grey/black and looks real nice ( one of the newer colours)

to sum up though,

Red= safe choice, a little rarer and polishes up great + base colour so cheaper
Yellow= looks awful with silver wing mirrors, and for some reaosn still only the cupra looks good in yellow. Plus Resale issues, still not to everyones cuppa tea.
Silver = safe bet too, but a little plain, and how common is silver these days ( dam my MCS is silver DOH!!!)
Black = bugger to keep clean, and even when you do it shows up all the swirl marks. Plus it hides too many features, even cupras look standard in black, don't really stand out.
Grey = is nice, again not so common, and is neither common or rare. A little bit average bt never the less its nice.
the light Blue = not sure if still available but it looks gay + plus most of the seriously cheap FR's are usually that colour as they look poo IMO
Thats your lot really.

One colour that is still unavailable and would look amazing in the FR or cupra is White.

But if i had to choose again, it would be that luna Grey or whatever its called, looks real nice.

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
One of the main reasons I chose black is to hide the car a bit .. less attention from cars with blue lights that way .. The yellow and red stand out too much for my liking for that reason ... I do like the greys though.

It's tough having to buy a new car hehe

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
yeah also that brings up another point, why buy brand new, your just gonna get mugged off on the depreciation which Mk4's are very very bad with , People on her have bought Cupra's and 12 months later its worth 5k less. which is about 33% loss in year one. not good. It won't be like your mini on residuals thats for sure.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Getting a pre-registered car is a good way of saving money, but then when it comes to getting rid, it might not be as valuable as you think, due to these dealer groups buying them in bulk and selling them for knockdown prices. At least that's what happened with my previous MK4.

J500ANT

Oct 20, 2006
Bristol
Arnold Clark were doing good deals on new Ibiza's. Ok they're right up in Scotland but if you can do it it'd be worth the saving!

yatesy

The daeler down in St Albans has offered me a brand new 2007 model year FR 130 tdi for £11499 (Not pre reg either). THis can be any colour I like.

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
watch them, they f***ed me about something rotten, i got my deposit back and went to durham in the end

Black looks awesome when clean, specially in the sun with the metal flake glimmering,

good job i love cleaning my car really

and if you are getting brand new, look at the lux pack, its awesome value for what you get

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
I've got my FR in red and it looks really good - especially with the matt silver mirrors. Black or Zenith Grey are also nice though. Black matches the interior and red goes with the backlighting and the stitching inside the car.

I was really keen on the yellow though. But when i drove in to the forecourt and saw the car, sitting in Red - Very Nice!! I Def. made the right choice for me.

PJ.

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I think the choice of colours for the FR is excellent now. They all look good in their own way so it comes down to personal preference.

Black looks mean and the side strips are effectively 'colour coded' as standard but, as has been mentioned, you can't see the FR's styling cues quite so well as with lighter colours.

Silver looks quite smart but is a bit common now and is a terrible colour for paint matching all the stone chips which you WILL get.

I haven't seen a Zenith grey FR in flesh yet, so I can't really comment on that, although it looks quite smart in the photos.

I'm not a fan of pale blue cars. Brisa (or Glacier on previous models) is a bit too 'pretty' for my taste.

Crono yellow looks great, much stronger and more positive than Ovni, and hopefully won't fade like Ovni did. I think this was one reason why yellow was a less popular colour on used cars than some of the others.

That leaves Emocion red. Both my SEATs have been red and I really like it. It shows up the details well, is highly visible on the road, which is good from a safety point of view, doesn't show the dirt too badly and cleans up well. All the paints are lacquered now and there is no sign of the colour fading on my car after 30 months and it is an easy colour for spotting in paint chips.

In the end though it's your choice and I think whichever one you choose it will look good.:)

houseslut

Mate I have it in black and it looks effing class. Only thing is its a pain in the arse to keep clean.

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
When i was buying mine i called round all the Dealers in Scotland (just got their numbers on www.SEAT.co.uk) and asked what they had. There were several pre-reg or ex demo Cupra's and FR's BUT because i was after a 5 door they were no good as they were only 3 door (hence i've got an FR and not a Cupra) - it's worth calling around for though - although you wouldn't get a colour 'choice' but like Ol' Timer said TBH all the colours suit it.

That's why i went brand new (esp. with the 0% Finance - which can save £££'s despite depreciation - if you're financing it)

PJ.

Last edited:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Hobin of Preston has a white Mk4 in the showroom at the moment, its only a Sport, but put the Cupra bumpers on it and I think it would be the best looking Mk4 out there! Anyone want to do a photoshop? lol

yatesy

I think that I have made my mind up, red is the colour and might stretch myself to the Lux Pack aswell.

I will keep you all posted on my progress, thanks for the help guys. Top job.

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Hobin of Preston has a white Mk4 in the showroom at the moment, its only a Sport, but put the Cupra bumpers on it and I think it would be the best looking Mk4 out there! Anyone want to do a photoshop? lol

If white was an option for the FR i'd've gone for that - i'm parked next to a white Skyline today - white always looks good on a sports model - ever seen a white CTR!! sweet!

PJ.