£1000 to spend

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi folks, i am new to the forum and have already found it very helpful, i have just bought an 03plate leon cupra r(210bhp), it has had a revo remap,a dog bone mount and a forge divert valvefitted already but i am looking for a bit more. i have saved up approx £1000 and was wondering if you guys know what would be the best thing(s) to buy for my car. any suggestions would be much appreciated(any idea how much bhp my car will be putting out at the moment with the mods)

cheers owen

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
You'll have around 265bhp/300lbft

Induction kit (BMC/Dynatwist) £200ish
Catback exhaust system (miltek/supersprint) £300ish
Boost gauge and pod £100ish
Samco hoses (Tip/Ic) £200ish
New headunit as the aura unit is garbage £200ish

Or you could go for a forge FMIC for around £750-800
Full exhaust system including DP/Cat £750-800ish

Or you could go the suspension route, coilovers/anti roll bars etc

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
cheers, i have just bought a new alpine headunit so wont need that, but if you were to spend the money what would you do first, i am looking for a bit more power, would the intercooler make a differance

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
huge difference...Id say the second best mod for power after a remap...Thats without messing with the turbo.

An intercooler really is an awesome power mod...Cools the intake temps...meaning u get more air into the cylinders...and since it helps keep the lot cooler..the boost can be safely raised.

After my intercooler, the boost was upped giving another 15 bhp and 22 ft-lbs torque through the rev range...Also found with the intercooler it revved more.

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
dont forget PACE FMIC only £575 + VAT, i would say if you saved £300 more you could get the BF full exhaust system and the PACE FMIC for that price

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Rear wiper is a must and for the sake of £20 is a very worthwhile mod!

Looks a million times better than the standard wiper! Do a search for fabia rear wiper and all will be revealed if you are unsure

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
thanks alot folks, as for the fabia rear wiper i agree, just looked on google pics and saw it on the back of a black lcR, and looks good so i have just ordered one, just reading through some other threads and i am away to get a smaller from number plate aswell. i am seriously considering an intercooler uprgrade, an suggestions as to which one to get

thanks again owen

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
id say
panel filter and smooth your airbox if you dont already £50
Blueflame d/p + system- £500 if you know where to look

would leave you around 500+ a bit extra for FMIC

seen as you have REVO and a d/v and dogbone your well set there

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
hard to say..Most people, including myself have a forge one..Works really well..but there are lots of intercoolers up for grabs..Neuspeed ect.

And looking at the prices, im not sure why i bought a forge..I hope it works better than the rest. But im sure some1 will fill you in.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
More hassle than what its worth mate, just buy an induction kit.

Make sure it is a closed air induction kit though and not an open cone!

You would need tools to smooth the standard airbox like a dremmel etc so not worth the hassle in my opinion!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
take the standard airbox apart and sand down the moulded ridges from the inside
increases airflow apparently

just time it will take you, not cost
i havent done it, but might
i just run a green filter which was a nice addition for 50 quid

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
They dont flow as good as a CAI kit though mate so if you've got the money which you clearly have, the best otion is BMC/Dynatwist.

Also look into getting a boost gauge, they are not just for show, they are useful at detecting problems and monitoring the health of your turbo! Seeing as its chipped and running higher boost than normal its beyond me why people dont fit them. Its a neccessity in my books.

Standard exhaust note sounds crap, change it for a catback to get a nice little growl!

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
there is so much you can do to them...how does this sound to you guy for the moment, if there is anything you would swap let me know...~

dynatwist filter = £200
Strut Brace + Anti Roll Bars = £ Any suggestions as to price and kind
Boost gauge = £ 200
Cat back system = £ 300
Fabia rear wiper and small plate = £ 30

and some spare to go to the pub and forget what the hell i have just done!!!

what do you folks think

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Dont worry about getting an FMIC too much as the LCR has 2 side mounted intercoolers rather than the one of the cupra so it makes less of a diff. Especially as it's not going to be very warm till the summer!

Dyanatwist ~£200 inc postage (badger5)
I'd get a full system (turbo back) as i still dont see the point of cat backs £425-500 depending on the wind (blueflame) + some fitting. Blueflame will offer to fit it for you for not a lot (free sometimes!). I'd go somewhere else as there customer service aint great.
Upper strut brace £50 from an audi dealer and you can fit yourself. I've got an aluminium one from aat as it's 1/3rd the weight and looks nicer.
ARB's are surprisingly expensive as only neuspeed ones seem to fit without clonking the exhaust. I got mine from awesome i think. But i'd go coilovers first if doing it again as this is enough for most, and i bet some koni fsd's arent too far off the price either if you dont want the lowering or adjustment. If you insist on arb's i'd go 25 rear and 23 front.
I'd also get a short shifter and a boost gauge. as there quite cheap and very effective.

As for order

1. s.shift (fit yourself)
2. boost gauge so you can see if you knacker something fitting
3. dynatwist (fit yourself)
4. strut brace (fit yourself) (i did this last as i didnt think it would do nowt, but it did!)
5. suspension of some description or an exhaust and get revo stg 2 depending how happy you are with the handling.

Last edited:

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
Upper strut brace £50 from an audi dealer and you can fit yourself. I've got an aluminium one from aat as it's 1/3rd the weight and looks nicer.
if you come at the end of the month to the staffs meet can you let me know where you got this from as i think this will be my next mod,,,,,,if you come that is:whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members