Debadging

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
I've got a 2001 yellow leon cupra. I am considering debadging it as i like the simple look. Questons are:

By removing the badges, won't they leave a mark as the paint around them has faded over a period of time?

What is the best metion to remove the badges and and sticky pads?

paul26982

hair dryer and t-cut or polish, works a treat or hair dryer and petrol

Tam Tamster

if you have the Cupra badge I'll have it off you if you like! My cupra is pre-badge days when they just put 20vt on them. Lemme know anyways.

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
Once its off just polish the area ith a bit of auto glym paint renovator it will bring off the tiny bits of black sticky pad and it will look fine, they are easy to get off its te black sticky stuff thats faffy, just use your nails.

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
Thanks all, I will carry this out tomorrow and post before and after pics for those of you who haven't decided yet.

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
if you have the Cupra badge I'll have it off you if you like! My cupra is pre-badge days when they just put 20vt on them. Lemme know anyways.

You are welcome to the Cupra Badge, a couple of the letter markings have faded off as a jetwash was used to wash the car. I will post a pic, if interested, pm me with your address and i will post to you or you can collect from the east london area

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland

the badge only costs three or four quid or something like that, under a tenner anyway from SEAT. better to buy them new, i put them on my old ibiza cupra sport, if you use old ones you'd presumably have to stick them on with something while the new ones are self adhesive. just my advice mate;)

Tam Tamster

oh right - i assumed seat would just try and rip me off. Think I can stretch to £3 ;-)

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
I removed the badges, you will be better off getting new ones as the sticky pads need replacing. not worth the effort.

I will be posting images soon, awaiting them to be uploaded

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
Pics of debadging

Done it today, there are some pics at http://www.mzafar.f2s.com/Debadging.htm

Before

image005.jpg

After

image012.jpg

So, take your pick. Hope this helps you to decide if you should debadge or not.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.