Black Diamond Disks and Pads

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Hi everyone

Jus ordered a set of Black Diamond grooved disks and preditor pads for my Ibiza Cupra, as ATE power discs are no longer available :cry: Has anyone used black diamond before? Are they any good? Ordered them as nothing else really was available.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
i have the predator pads with drilled and groved discs (not black diamond)
they are really really good. but dont seem to be lasting very good at all

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
karl.w said:
i have the predator pads with drilled and groved discs (not black diamond)
they are really really good. but dont seem to be lasting very good at all

which bit is'nt lasting long? pads?

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
ibizacupra said:
which bit is'nt lasting long? pads?

the pads are not lasting ive only had them about 2k miles and i can already see that they have worn a good bit.

i dont really mind as the breaks are great but am very surprised a how quick they are disappearing

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
Karl.w i was told by the guy i bought the discs and pads off that they (pads) work best with the diamond disks so maybe they last longer with the black diamond discs ..

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
SuperCupra_20VT said:
bill do you have any advice on bedding them in? how many miles etc ..
it may depend on the make of pad, but never nail em out of the box. progressively ease on the brake pressure and speed, building a heat cycle onto them gently and allowing to cool off between applications.. Varies if new pads/old disks (takes longer)

Takes me 15-20mins to bed in my brakes on the road.

My new RS6 brakes on the audi have taken a little longer to bed in properly... ~100 miles or so normal driving with the odd hard application from speed to heat em up nice.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
SuperCupra_20VT said:
Karl.w i was told by the guy i bought the discs and pads off that they (pads) work best with the diamond disks so maybe they last longer with the black diamond discs ..

they might last longer with black diamond discs or the guy might off just wanted to sell you a set of black diamond discs as well :lol:

but i think that they are just a soft pad and after mine are done i am going to get another set as im well impressed with the stoping power

T7ODD

I've had a bad experience with EBC green stuff pads in the past where they lasted a matter of months but I think they changed the consistency or something.
I have had BlackDiamond grooved discs and fast road pads all round on my Ibiza now for nearly 2 years. They've been a bit squeeky but they perform well and have had one track outing. I average around 9,000 miles a year. I'd say they were worth the money.

Neel-Cupra

MK2 Leon Cupra 2.0T FSI
Jul 28, 2005
T7ODD said:
I've had a bad experience with EBC green stuff pads in the past where they lasted a matter of months but I think they changed the consistency or something.
I have had BlackDiamond grooved discs and fast road pads all round on my Ibiza now for nearly 2 years. They've been a bit squeeky but they perform well and have had one track outing. I average around 9,000 miles a year. I'd say they were worth the money.

:funk:

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Hi everyone

Jus ordered a set of Black Diamond grooved disks and preditor pads for my Ibiza Cupra, as ATE power discs are no longer available :cry: Has anyone used black diamond before? Are they any good? Ordered them as nothing else really was available.

How are you getting on with these? I have been considering some for my LCR...

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Definitly the prices make them appealing, could do with some feedback of people that have had them fitted to an LCR though, Anyone ?

Suppose not being in the Leon Section doesnt help

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.