• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Lupo/Arosa TDI

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Hey peeps,

Im looking at buying a little diesel and going old skool on it!

What kind of power can you get out of one without it becomin a death trap?

I know Revo can get these little cans up to about 110bhp but is that the limit? Can you get more horses without killing the car?

cupramad12

I have not heard good things about having these things revod as the chassis cannot handle the increase in power too well - ur better off keepin the wee engine as it is and modifying the body work in my opinion lad - why are you changin your Cupra?

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
If you are considering the 1.4TDI 75bhp

We re-map these to 110bhp with a 60NM of torque increase.

You 100% can't go further than this without going over limits. These go very well with 110bhp though.

I would recommend a filter upgrade and re-map, which will allow the best improvement.

If you want more info, please e-mail me at [email protected] or just reply here

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I have not heard good things about having these things revod as the chassis cannot handle the increase in power too well - ur better off keepin the wee engine as it is and modifying the body work in my opinion lad - why are you changin your Cupra?

To be honest, I have worked with these cars and mapped a good few of them, and it actually has a stable chassis, and grips well

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
To be honest, I have worked with these cars and mapped a good few of them, and it actually has a stable chassis, and grips well

Agreed.. I used to have a 1.4 16v Sport Arosa (still in the family tho) and with 100bhp in such a small light car you really can't complain.. not unstable at all - suprised quite a few people around Donington a few years back ;)

arosadonny.jpg

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
Where's all this cant handle the power stuff come from? I've seen a few 1.8T'd lupo's and i'm sure there's a vr6 knocking about. I always thought the lupo/arosa were basically the same car?

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
I was going to say im sure the Lupo GTi chassis is pretty much the same as the TDI one, obviously it wont be as quick as the Cupra but with a good bit of torque it should be fun putting the **** up much faster cars thru the gears lol

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I was going to say im sure the Lupo GTi chassis is pretty much the same as the TDI one, obviously it wont be as quick as the Cupra but with a good bit of torque it should be fun putting the **** up much faster cars thru the gears lol

With the torque increase and 110bhp, you'd be surprised what a lively car it will become.

Loads of fun, and easy to throw it about ;)

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
There's a couple of lupos in Eastern Europe running around 300bhp. One has even been 4x4 converted. :D I should think both are also 1.9 conversions with plenty done to them. :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members