confusion over BHP of GTi

conflagrare

been looking for a cheap car, looking specifically at Ibiza GTI's. I've been on parkers and, what i can make of it, theres two, 1993 onwards and 96 onwards, the 93 having 115bhp and the 96 having 150bhp. settled for the 96 obviously, but i've looked on autotrader, found a 97 and a 98 and they both claim 115bhp? :confused:

can anyone lend a hand? am i just reading the details off parkers wrong? did they do an 8v and a 16v? any help greatly appreciated! ;)

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
i assume that it depends on whether the car is a 16valve or an 8valve matey. My 16valve is a 150bhp, whereas i believe the 8v is a 115bhp.

hope this helps, sure someone wil be along shortly with more help...im mainly a mk4 guy myself :)

JK

conflagrare

thats more than likely the case, just wanted to be sure, parkers make it look like they increased the BHP in 1996, maybe in a facelift model or something.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
woop woop...look at me...a mk2 noob wit some correct info lol

JK

here ya go matey now ya joined the club you need the uniform

anorak.jpg

:cartman: :lol: :cartman:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
and i think its safe to say that these are conservative figures.they generally put out more than the book states(give or take 4-5 bhp)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I want one of those, lol!
scarily im old enough to vaguely remember wearing sunmmat very similar :(

but consider yourself initiated to the anorak club :)

to pass with honours you must announce to the world the name of the engine designer that decided to put a cambelt cover bolt behind the main crank pulley on an ABF 16v 2.0

i dont know myself but if you do would sprout it out consider yourself invited to join me in giving him a right kicking :redface:

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.