New guy looking to buy a LCR - or so he thought!

hamps_w

MK3 Leon FR 184
Apr 24, 2006
Bristol
:p You can all kiss my ovni arse! ;)

Yellow cars are definelty a marmite opinion.

But going back to the original question i think its more than possible to get a tidy LCR for sub 10k.

I did.

If there isnt something about now, there will be. Patience is a virtue with car buying.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
So you're all agreeing to the Good Conduct post then! :rolleyes:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=324
Check this link regularly, cars come through on here all the time. On pages 2 or 3 it seems like you may have been too late, but it shows you that cars within your budget and within your requirements are out there.

Good luck with your search, and apologies for all the rubbish above this!

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
So you're all agreeing to the Good Conduct post then! :rolleyes:

Good luck with your search, and apologies for all the rubbish above this!

I don't really see how this has been taken off topic :confused: Surely a bit of light hearted banter about the colour choice doesn't conflict with the rules

2. Threads being taken well off subject/topic in idiotic ways, using important and informative subjects as an excuse for general pub talk.

Fluke

tread real careful..... theres an army of ovnis out there and most have nuts.

fluke are you an oldie ? as its a bit of an oldie view

I'm 40. That's not old, just experienced - and I'm just toying with you young whippersnappers!

But I can't help feeling that yellow cars, even more so than red - are most likely to be pulled over by the Boys in Blue. Think about it - five cars in the fast lane, all doing 90+. Which one are they going to stop? The 25 year old in the Ovni. :p

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I'm 40. That's not old, just experienced - and I'm just toying with you young whippersnappers!

But I can't help feeling that yellow cars, even more so than red - are most likely to be pulled over by the Boys in Blue. Think about it - five cars in the fast lane, all doing 90+. Which one are they going to stop? The 25 year old in the Ovni. :p

at the risk of being told of for being off topic... i wish i was 25! im almost 38:cry:
but you have a point in that your going to stand out. but that can also be a good safety feature!

agree with the patient bit. it took a month to decide against an fto and go for the lc. then 3 months looking for one. worth the wait imo

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I don't really see how this has been taken off topic :confused: Surely a bit of light hearted banter about the colour choice doesn't conflict with the rules

I think the original poster of the thread, has discounted yellow from his choices. So several posts, that generally will always escalate and have, about how yellow cars are better or worse, and why they are driven by women or drivers who tuck they nuts in between their legs, can be seen as being 'in idiotic ways" this sort of defeats the object of the post doesn't it?

Last edited:

daniel_owen_uk

Aug 24, 2006
Chesterfield
I think the original poster of the thread, has discounted yellow from his choices. So several posts, that generally will always escalate and have, about how yellow cars are better or worse, and why they are driven by women or drivers who tuck they nuts in between their legs, can be seen as being 'in idiotic ways" this sort of defeats the object of the post doesn't it?

Suppose it depends whether you are looking for a community of people that enjoy posting here and have a sense of humour, or you want a library of only factual information, but I am sure we are simply going further off topic.

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
At risk of going off topic...save yourself £4K to put towards your house, and get a newer car in the process:

around £6K will buy you an 04 or 54 Toledo 20VT Sport with around 20K miles. Most came in dark colours, a few hundred quids worth of remap will give you a reliable 210BHP with no bother at all. Less likely to get pulled or stolen because no-one knows what it is. Even if you buy privately, it'll still be under warranty.

Worked for me!

Rog.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members