Yet another MIB2 retrofit thread…

redone

Nov 28, 2023
Hello.

Today I performed the MIB1 TO MIB2 (std.) retrofit (ebay) with USB (Aliexpress) switch, along with coding, toolbox and updated maps. As you would. It was generally successful. A few things I note and may answer questions for others in the future:

* Yes, you can update the unit before dealing with CP.
* Don’t play with anything other (unless you need the FEC) as it may (did) cause complications.
* The toolbox ‘allow both nav systems’ stopped carplay from displaying (correctly), got black screen when initially testing carplay.
* Sound not as full from carplay? Does not seem to have the same bass weight?
* Had to fish the green quadlock bit for the usb through a couple of wires. It did fit through without breaking them, barely.
* Was cutting the quadlock wire bundle tape when I realised I could just leave the old cable there instead.
* My coding was already configured for the usb connection replacement (because AMI?).

Hoping there is some advise on the below, please:

* In toolbox there is a ‘generate EL’ is this where FECs are added or is this something other?
* Another, ‘accept any metainfo2.txt’. The clue is in the name ;) but, what is this for?
* I have removed the requirement for the OEM (map) SD cards and run my V18 maps from a 128GB card in SD2 slot with toolbox on the (V3) maps SD in slot SD1. Is this dumb for some reason?
* Where it is suggested ESC Sport can be enabled (byte 29) it was blank, I guess I was tired and looking in the wrong place but it seemed to be blank. I’m expecting to see ’05’ set. Should that be the case?

Thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.