Windscreen fluid leaking into drivers footwell - Help

Apr 7, 2024
I have a leak into the driver's footwell. When I use the rear windscreen wiper the jets work but water leaks from above the brake pedals into the drivers footwell. Currently, my car has no MOT and this has just happened. I have considered doing a rear windscreen wiper delete but that would not eliminate the leaking if I was to press the rear windscreen washer lever and to be honest I would rather fix it than to a delete.

Has anyone had this before on the Seat Leon Mk3? Mine specifically is a Seat Leon 2018 Facelift.

Does anyone know where the pipe from the washer reservoir routes to the rear windscreen around the engine? I believe that maybe the pipe has split slightly around this area and causing it to leak into the driver's footwell when in use yet it isn't a big enough cut because the rear washer jets still work.

This is a bit worrying for me considering it would be touching the electrics around the area of the pedal.

Thanks

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I have a leak into the driver's footwell. When I use the rear windscreen wiper the jets work but water leaks from above the brake pedals into the drivers footwell. Currently, my car has no MOT and this has just happened. I have considered doing a rear windscreen wiper delete but that would not eliminate the leaking if I was to press the rear windscreen washer lever and to be honest I would rather fix it than to a delete.

Has anyone had this before on the Seat Leon Mk3? Mine specifically is a Seat Leon 2018 Facelift.

Does anyone know where the pipe from the washer reservoir routes to the rear windscreen around the engine? I believe that maybe the pipe has split slightly around this area and causing it to leak into the driver's footwell when in use yet it isn't a big enough cut because the rear washer jets still work.

This is a bit worrying for me considering it would be touching the electrics around the area of the pedal.

Thanks
I would not think the pipe runs across the car, I am not sure which side it runs down but I assume it will be the side where
the bottle is, as the saying goes "every penny counts" the manufactures won't put extra pipe in plus I suspect it will go along where the wires go from front to back.
I did see a a bit of the clip you put on and that is where the drain is from for the air conditioner, so are you sure it is the rear washer water ? It would more likely to be the rubber drain has come out of the body hole

Apr 7, 2024
I would not think the pipe runs across the car, I am not sure which side it runs down but I assume it will be the side where
the bottle is, as the saying goes "every penny counts" the manufactures won't put extra pipe in plus I suspect it will go along where the wires go from front to back.
I did see a a bit of the clip you put on and that is where the drain is from for the air conditioner, so are you sure it is the rear washer water ? It would more likely to be the rubber drain has come out of the body hole
It is 100% only when I use the rear windscreen fluid. I gave it numerous tests, and when I used the front windscreen fluid, no leak. When I use the rear fluid, immediately it starts leaking again from the same place in this photo.

Do you have any solid idea what this foam is?

Attachments

• IMG_AE2D6FFC6365-1.jpeg
    IMG_AE2D6FFC6365-1.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 22
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.