turned to the darkside (quite literally)

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
Be gentle please:

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0282.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0276-1.jpg

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
not yet, only had it since tuesday and been ill so far, had to rtfm first as the traction is off all the time but stability is on, very weird setup, handling and grip are immense though

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Nice pics Saul. I heard about the stability and traction settings, seems arse about face to me :shrug: What's the ride like?

They are totally marvellous and excellent cars though, owned by the nicest people :whistle:

P.S. Be careful taking your seatbelt off, I've heard thebuckle can whack against the nice ally trim on the door and chip it.

P.P.S. remaps are getting 210bhp and 420Nm (310lbft)

P.P.P.S Needs a bigger boot ;)

Last edited:

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
indicators did honestly take me a while to fathom (soft touch things) but you can alter the number of times they flash so obviously been adjusted to as few as possible!

dealer is/was a complete arse, i have never had or heard of so much trouble buying a new car, seriously inept and a long story i wont go into on here.

feel, ride is firm but not harsh, reading the manual it takes 1250 miles to bed in so not pushed it very far yet, the engine however actually has some decent noise to it over 3k.

potholed roads can be a bit boingy at the moment, but 18" wheels and runflats plus the m sports suspension is a compromising list

not tried it with stability off yet, i dont see the need of the separate traction system as ive already had the stability light flashing when turning out of junctions and thats cut power anyway, the manual lists the traction for snow/ice/gravel so unless its a very severe controller :shrug:

noticed the flying buckle aswell, keep forcing myself to remember

remap figures do look good, have been told that they are all physical rechips tho and that the dealers do look for checksum errors/chipping on servicing!?

bigger boot maybe, sort of wish i got the load through system (but refused as i find it staggering that they charge you £400 to fold you seats down)

all in all, having mocked bmw drivers for years, drive one, the dynamics are a different class

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
not yet, only had it since tuesday and been ill so far, had to rtfm first as the traction is off all the time but stability is on, very weird setup, handling and grip are immense though

To disable traction and stability on BMW's you have to hold the traction button down for about 5 secs, this turns everything off except ABS, they don't tell you that in the manual!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Fingers crossed the two dealers I've been in to, to scope out for servicing, seem good, actually. Most people I've spoken to say the dealers can be incredibly arrogant yet mindblowingly inept.

Plenty of software remaps out there, bit nervous about the dealer situation though, lots of people say the same. Seem to be a good few taking the risk though :shrug:

Bit annoying about the rear seats, but it's common in that class - it's an option on both the 159 and BMW. TBH, I've found options to not be that badly priced, and the fact you can have (practically) whatever option you want on whatever trim level (unlike the Passat) is a major plus.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
you really did turn to the dark side! I think BMW do make good drivers cars though so no doubt it is a good buy. Only thing will be how well the residuals will hold?

I am sure the tuning capability of them is quite immense aswell.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
as someone that would quite happily own a BMW :yes:
thoughi don't get the look of the smiley front bumper,but the rest is spot on.

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
I like her a lot mate, makes my M3 look a little dated now!
Word on the street is main dealers are reflashing ECUs as par for course on servicing, thus you'll have to get your performance software updated every once in a while. Although if I pull my finger out and buy some gear I'll do it for you! ;)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I like her a lot mate, makes my M3 look a little dated now!
Word on the street is main dealers are reflashing ECUs as par for course on servicing, thus you'll have to get your performance software updated every once in a while. Although if I pull my finger out and buy some gear I'll do it for you! ;)

Yup i'd heard that too, a bit like automatic windows updates - you take it in for a service and the ecu automatically gets flashed with any updated code available.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
top job bud, looks really nice, when we going over the cat and fiddle ?

hows it going getting out of junctions LOL ?

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
You traded the toledo for a taxi??

Nice motor saul, can I ask why this motor/engine?

it was a pay rise or a car, i took the car as i need to buy a house mate, my old man bought one aswell (red with stock wheels) so we got a good deal for 2 (eventually)

top job bud, looks really nice, when we going over the cat and fiddle ?

hows it going getting out of junctions LOL ?

fun(ish) not took the stability stuff off yet (did once last night on a corner i know and it went quite well, its very tight though (600 miles now) needs 1k on it for a thrashing (according to the book)

you about saturday?

as someone that would quite happily own a BMW :yes:
thoughi don't get the look of the smiley front bumper,but the rest is spot on.

tis nice mate, was talking to z about popping down to you when he gets his

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.