Spare wheel

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Be careful with these generic space savers.
Don,t have the details with me at the mo but the generic ones were not the correct rolling diameter.
I ended up getting a VW space saver off ebay and the correct size tyre to match our 245/40R19 rolling diameter.

Formentor John

Dec 30, 2022
Be careful with these generic space savers.
Don,t have the details with me at the mo but the generic ones were not the correct rolling diameter.
I ended up getting a VW space saver off ebay and the correct size tyre to match our 245/40R19 rolling diameter.

Thanks for that, I didn't think of that. If you do know what they are please pop it on as I can message the business selling them. :)

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
I'm in the process of buying a hybrid Formentor which, as you know, has no option of temporary spare wheel. I'm now in search of a solution to replace the inflation-kit they supply - I'm planning to get a temporary spare-wheel.
It seems that the T125/80/R18 temporary spare would be ok to replace the 245/45/R18 fitted on the car from factory. One can use a tool like this for comparison:
https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Now the main issue I have is the fact that I'm thinking about keeping the spare on the left or right side of the trunk, in a vertical position, fixed with some elastic strap (I'd hate keeping it horizontally flat inside the trunk). The problem is that such a spare has a 658 mm (25.9") which I'm almost convinced is bigger than the useful height of the e-Hybrid Formentor trunk.
Do you guys have any other solution/suggestion?

I know Audi had some expandable spare-tire solution, but that one is too wide - really inappropriate for the Formentor trunk:

Nov 5, 2023
many thanks, I the supplier I posted above will fit one if requested. I think they are suppling 125/80/18 by defaul
Needs to be a 135/80R18 space saver to match the 245/40R19 on the ca
many thanks, I the supplier I posted above will fit one if requested. I think they are suppling 125/80/18 by default.
Hi guys I'm new to all this. I have 2023 Cuppa Formentor I need 245/40 R 19 . Are you saying this https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/prod...MIyLG49N3y_AIVw4XVCh1rLg3hEAQYASABEgJsnvD_BwE is not compatible ? Please can you tell me which one from that site you purchased? Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise