Seat Leon SE TDI 110

dano2387

Hi guys im due to buy a new car in february, and im thinking of the above.
Reasons being:
1) iv only got 3-4k to spend
2) have a son of 3 months
3) am only 22, good insurance and tax price and figure its a good car for the money.

Whats your honest opinions? obviously i'd love a cupra tdi but i cannot aford one tbh.

Can much be done to these? Any advice would be very grateful. Cheers Dan:D

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
My view... get one!

I got mine for £3K with 103K on the clock and it's spot on. I've had it remapped and a few other tweaks too! I've got a 5yr and a 2 yr old and they think it's great (they've called it the beast 'cos they they like the speed!!!)

Insurance/Tax wise - brilliant. Better than my old car even with the declared mods!

Have a search and see what you can do!!

Enjoy!

dano2387

Cool. Apparently a remap does the job well, have you had one done? Whats your opinion? and whats the difference between a SE and SX? Whats better? Thanks for the reply.

My view... get one!

I got mine for £3K with 103K on the clock and it's spot on. I've had it remapped and a few other tweaks too! I've got a 5yr and a 2 yr old and they think it's great (they've called it the beast 'cos they they like the speed!!!)

Insurance/Tax wise - brilliant. Better than my old car even with the declared mods!

Have a search and see what you can do!!

Enjoy!

dano2387

Re - map

Who done your remap? how much did it cost? And what was the outcome? :)

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
I got mine done by CCC Tech down in Chesterfield, but there are quite a few people that do them. Go for a proper one rather than the tuning box or an electric gadget, bit more pricey but better all round!

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
I've had a tuning box in mine for 90K miles now without any issues. Makes a hell of a difference to the performance of the car. Mine is a 1.9tdi 110 SX, think the SX has climate control over the SE not much else i dont think.

Get one they are great still returns 50mpg and pulls like a train its great. Now about to clock 98K with out any issues other than general ware and tare.

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
^^ not true. my se has climate control. I knwo that the sx has painted valences on both bumpers. Not sure what else though.

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
how many gears does the sx have? se has 5 (+reverse!) Is the sx the 'facelift' version like the cupra?

Also, I just looked on ebay at the sx tdi and it has a sliver surround around the stereo whereas the se has a black one. Not sure if there is anything else though.

dano2387

i've had a tuning box in mine for 90k miles now without any issues. Makes a hell of a difference to the performance of the car. Mine is a 1.9tdi 110 sx, think the sx has climate control over the se not much else i dont think.

Get one they are great still returns 50mpg and pulls like a train its great. Now about to clock 98k with out any issues other than general ware and tare.

i heard the se has more???? Your tuning box - how much did it cost? How much extra bhp?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Get the SX ;)

SX gets (in my opinion) loads better alloys as standard. Plus gets the funky silver surround, that no other leon gets I don't think (bar maybe cupra r?). Also, my sx has body coloured bumpers, not sure if the se gets that too?

But apart from that, the se & sx are the exact same!

mpgscott

Nov 11, 2009
Inverness/Aberdeen
^^ not true. my se has climate control. I knwo that the sx has painted valences on both bumpers. Not sure what else though.

Sorry for the false info i just thought that this was the difference, as when i went to buy the car i test drove an SE and it didn't have the digital climate control. Mine does have the silver valance and silver round the stereo. Doesn't seem like much difference then.

I thought that the only models fitted with the 6speed was the 130bhp and above.

Mine has 5speed and reverse and is the 110bhp model. The tuning box cost around £220 back this was back in 2004. I would say it adds at least 25-30bhp and it doesnt effect the fuel economy. Like i say the car has done 90K miles with this in place and is still running fine.

Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.