Road accident- Seat Ensurance

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
This afternoon I had the unfortunate luck of being involved in a road accident when someone pulled out from a junction and hit in to me. To make matters worse the driver ended up fleeing the scene. I have reported it to the police and also to my own insurance company what I wanted to know was should I also report it to Seat Ensurance as well? Not really sure how they operate.The car is less than 3 years old so I just wanted to make sure when car was being assessed/ repaired It went to a reputable company rather than my insurance companies own choosing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Cheers just rang them took my details and version of events and said would pass to claims handler to contact me back on Monday.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Sorry to here mate. Hope you get the car fixed ok.

Can't believe people who do this, dregs of society!

Do you have dashcam?

Reactions: R45HU

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Thanks mate, unfortunately I don’t but that’s a fault of my own and after today’s event I will see to it that I get one. I managed to get their number plate and thankfully there was someone who witnessed it so that’s a plus. My only worry was that they weren’t insured but did quick check on MID and showed that the vehicle was Insured so can’t quite fathom why they did what they did but I guess that’s the world we just live in.

Reactions: Rowan83

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
Sorry to hear about this chap.

One explanation may be that the driver may not have had a valid licence. Just because the car is insured doesn't mean that the driver was.

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Yes that could be a possibility also I just hope the police catch up with them as would not want any one else to go experience the same thing at the expense of these idiots.

andycupra

status subject to change
you DO NOT have to take it to a garage of the insurance company's choosing. Ok, you may not get a courtesy car etc but ultimately you can get it repaired where you like, (might need to be within agreed pricing) If you are not happy with the pre-chosen repairer let them know. (although they may not warranty the repair)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Generally speaking, the insurance company will choose a better garage than you would. They don't use cowboys.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Aah yes the insurers do use shoddy garages I’m afraid.
Mine went to an “approved “ garage.
Work was appalling, rough paint overspray at bottom of each panel. Poor masking as well. Had to go back and took ages for car to be returned.
Go with who you know and trust.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Must admit I've never had a bad job from an insurance company. Maybe it depends on who the insurer is? We've always used one of the big guys. Direct Line, Esure etc. If you do need to claim, you want your insurance to work!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I had a shocking experience with a garage approved by Admiral, to the point I now refuse to insure with them. Car went back for rectifications about 8 times and still wasn't right, wish I had known about Ensurance before. They took me to a Seat approved garage who did an amazing job, definitely worth it!

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Ensurance?
The Seat Ensurance that comes with new cars. I wasn't made aware of it at the time and Admiral handled the whole claims process, had I contacted Seat Ensurance they would have used their approved garage etc and it would have been a better job.

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
I’m with quotemehappy who are aviva basically I initially contacted them before I found out about Seat Ensurance they said they gave me a selection of garages to choose from ones I had not even heard of and garages that were literally 10 miles away from me. Then enterprise contacted me to hire a car from them couldn’t see them given me a Cupra , S3 or Golf R. Anyhow I told my insurance I wanted to claim losses from the 3rd party as I believe they are at fault insurer goes we have to book car in for repair once job done then we will send quote over to 3rd party so I was a bit confused at that point surely you assess damage first then provide estimate before proceeding nevertheless Seat Ensurance got in touch with me said don’t worry we will notify your insurer this is a Notification only and and we will be claiming Full losses from 3rd party we will get a assessment done of car and send it to 3rd party and once they accept we will proceed with booking car in at SEAT which is local to me and hire out a Cupra for the duration . Definitely put my mind at ease so let’s see what happens ahead and I am happy to wait till they accept liability because the car is still driveable

Last edited:
Reactions: ryzzey

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
I've had an appalling repair from an Insurance approved place before (a Ford place in Widnes IIRC, luckily it was a company car). Repair was front wing and there was overspray on the inside rear window?!

When a lorry changed lanes into me a couple of months ago, it was repaired by a company called KC Autos who have branches across the Northwest. They did an amazing job. The car came back looking better that ever. You really CANNOT tell it's been anywhere near a repair shop.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Endurance?
Endurance is effectively a claims management service. Claims management companies are bad news for insurance companies, as their intervention in claims results in inflated claims costs to the insurance industry as a whole, and those increased claims costs get passed onto the likes of you and me in the form of increased premiums.

So although they may help speed up the claims process (they don’t always - I’ve read on some forums that some claims management companies are pretty poor), we all ultimately pay for the privilege, even those of us who’ve never had a claim or had the benefit of a claims management company’s services.

Reactions: Mr Pig

R45HU

Jan 10, 2020
West Yorkshire
Endurance is effectively a claims management service. Claims management companies are bad news for insurance companies, as their intervention in claims results in inflated claims costs to the insurance industry as a whole, and those increased claims costs get passed onto the likes of you and me in the form of increased premiums.

So although they may help speed up the claims process (they don’t always - I’ve read on some forums that some claims management companies are pretty poor), we all ultimately pay for the privilege, even those of us who’ve never had a claim or had the benefit of a claims management company’s services.
Interesting you say that when I spoke to the claims handler from SEAT yesterday I asked her what the catch was for their involvement and she said it is a benefit they offer to customers who have cars in the VAG group and she said they don’t profit from it apart from maybe the Car hiring company when it comes to providing a hire car and the same for their solicitors who work of a no win no fee basis on their personal injury or legal claims I just took what she said at face value.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
they use garages that give them kickbacks. that's why they incentivise you to use their 'approved' repairers.

That might be true in some cases but I'm sure there is more to things than that. A good insurance company will want repairs that reflect their standards, not a shoddy job that the customer is going to complain about. When I've had repairs done the garages used were widely regarded as being the best in the area.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.