restoring yellow

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
Hi peeps

I have a yellow LCR R and the roof and tops of the rear wings have slightly discoloured due to it being out in the sun, When i get to 15 posts i will put some pics up but for the time being does anyone know any correction that will work.

or do i need to repaint?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
You have 3 options.

1. Use a polishing product by hand to try and restore as much of the lustre to the paint as you can. This will be labour intensive and you will be knackered plus you might not get the results you are really after.

2. Buy an orbital polisher like the Megs G220 or Kestral DA polisher, use a polishing pad and polish compound and correct the paint with the machine.

3. Pay someone who already has a machine polisher and all the kit / experience needed to do it for you.

You'll then need to seal the polishing stage in with a sealant product and wax the car afterwards.

HTH, Nige

Rubbish Boy

Ovni Yellow I presume? For most colours Nige's response would be perfect but on Ovni it's usually more serious as it's the base coat that fades and that's locked away by the clear coat so you can't polish it. If it's just oxidised clear then a polish will restore it but if it's the normal Ovni problem polishing won't do the trick as that link above shows.

JamJay

California Bound
I am sorry to bring bad news but the only way to cure it is a respray, like me. I tired everything there was but nothing worked and then finally, the roof started to bleach itself white in places. Check my build to see the results, it cost alot but completely worth it IMO.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members