Replacing standard speakers, any recommendations?

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Want to replace the standard speakers but keep the original head unit, as I live in London I don't want to faff about with a face off unit every time I park up, so what speakers fit and what do you guys recommend?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
I think the standard system is adiqute mine sounds like it has a sub allready, i may add a sub and amp soon but want to keep OEM :) I wouldent touch FLI speakers or vibe ones as i found the quality isnt that good. Alpine components, especially type R are quality, but expensive.

deedaskrh

Mar 20, 2009
St Helens
I think the standard system is adiqute mine sounds like it has a sub allready, i may add a sub and amp soon but want to keep OEM I wouldent touch FLI speakers or vibe ones as i found the quality isnt that good. Alpine components, especially type R are quality, but expensive.]

Vibe are ace lol nay sayer i mean Fli are pretty pants but they are the bottom of the range the space components are absolutely mental ive never heard such clarity from a component. Also the Qb69 square 6x9s are awesome the base they kick out is superb better than smaller subs ive heard.

im abit of a VIBE lover what can i say

I think the standard system is adiqute mine sounds like it has a sub allready, i may add a sub and amp soon but want to keep OEM I wouldent touch FLI speakers or vibe ones as i found the quality isnt that good. Alpine components, especially type R are quality, but expensive.]

Vibe are ace lol nay sayer i mean Fli are pretty pants but they are the bottom of the range the space components are absolutely mental ive never heard such clarity from a component. Also the Qb69 square 6x9s are awesome the base they kick out is superb better than smaller subs ive heard.

im abit of a VIBE lover what can i say

I too am a Vibe fan...

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
depends on how seariuos you want to go into Audio

i had polk momo stuff in old car , cost a real packet but was absolutley awsome,

had a mixture through out my motoring days , MTX slegehammers all the way for subs !!!

i think the infinity 6x9s are good for the money as are the pioneer range

i am thinking of replacing my speakers, for eom fitting ones

dont want to go crazy as keeping oe headunit (for now anyway ) think i want clarity and a little punchy bass

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
If you are not going to change the head unit or add an amp then I would not bother spending too much money on speakers - as it will just be wasted.

Get over to talkaudio and have a look there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.