Replacing spare with tyre sealent

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
Right well basically im thinking of doing a boot install in my leon and though if I do an install theres no point having a spare in there as I cant get to it easily. Has anyone else removed their spare wheel and just carried a can of tyre sealer instead?
many thanks

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
yeh thats true actually new s-max has sealer and a mini compressor instead.
plus I suppose removing the spare will loose weight which can then be gained from the install

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Both my Clio & Mazda don't have spare tyres

I do carry 2-3 cans of sealer in each though "just in case"

turbin

aren't those sealer cans cause of like 2 deaths last couple years? They explode or make the tyre explode..

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
I have no choice i have no spare now as it had a dodgy weld on it and was concidered dangerous to use by the tyre fitter i went to when i got new tyres! so i have an empty space with a can of tyre weld there till i can get a new wheel.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
hmm I've not put my old sub ino my LCR as i hated it taking up the boot space in my old car. Never thought about taken the spare wheel out to fit the sub. MIght consider doing this.

turbin

seemed to remember they wont work on a low profile tire. Tire is too flat and the stuff you spray in has less chance to hit the hole.

?

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
took my old fiesta spare wheel off , eben tho you retireved it from under neath , the car had to be jacked really high via the rear beam to get it out ,

and becasue it was that low , you couldnt get a jack under it :(

found a realy flat scissorjack in the end

but i removed the lot and carried a can around because it was on 17s and the spare was a 14 ha ha

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.