Repair problems.

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
My 2021 CUPRA Leon PHEV broke down on the 8th of Jan 2022. After being recovered to my local VW dealership I waited a couple of weeks for an update but they were unable to give me any info. I popped in to have a look at my car and this is what I discovered.
It’s now been over 5 weeks and it still isn’t fixed. They are now telling me it has to go to a ‘battery centre’ and will probably not be fixed for ‘months’.
I can’t believe that a nearly new car can be treated in this way. Dreading getting that car back as it will never be the same.

2BCD451E-0976-4FE7-8321-7FADD58B474B.jpeg

Attachments

• F57FBA22-9256-4E2B-8950-61AE86BB6AB8.jpeg
    F57FBA22-9256-4E2B-8950-61AE86BB6AB8.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 328
  • 0C89E96B-7163-4484-9FC3-022FD6751053.jpeg
    0C89E96B-7163-4484-9FC3-022FD6751053.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 327
  • 50262866-39CF-4896-91F8-65BA8487E99C.jpeg
    50262866-39CF-4896-91F8-65BA8487E99C.jpeg
    786.3 KB · Views: 335

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
I’ve tried customer services and they keep telling me to just wait and give them opportunity to fix the problem.
Not sure how much longer I can wait!

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Reject it. That’s absolutely atrocious, I mean thats not even a car anymore, just a bunch of parts on the floor. This a main dealer as well? Want to report them to seat hq for this sort of treatment, its what you’d expect to find from a mate doing you a favour looking at your car.

Reactions: Peller and Woody_72

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
I have reported them to seat HQ and they are equally as unhelpful. I have also reported it to my finance company and they aren’t much better. I agree, the level of care taken when dismantling the car is atrocious. The fault apparently was a leaking windscreen washer pipe which in turn damaged the wiring.

.Griff.

Jun 26, 2021
I would inform the finance company you are rejecting the vehicle. I appreciate you've already spoken with them but it's one thing having a friendly conversation and another thing entirely informing them you want to reject the vehicle.

I did the same with BMW Finance and as soon as I uttered those magic words they suddenly became interested.

Failing that I'd be posting those images on the social media accounts of Seat/Cupra and the finance company.

Reactions: Makers1

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
Social media is definitely going to be the next stage.

Apparently I can’t reject the car until it’s been given back to me.

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody_72

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
It doesn't take a genius to work out that, assuming they can fix it, it's unlikely your car will ever be the same again in terms of fit and finish. Apart from anything else, have they never heard of seat covers and carpet protectors?:mad:
If that level of work was necessary due to flood damage for example, I wouldn't mind betting your insurance company would be considering writing the car off.
I really hope you get a satisfactory outcome ✌️

DuckPit

Jul 2, 2021
Wows that's bad I would be going mental, the more I've dealt with Seat and Cupra customer service the more I've realised they talk to you nicely but don't give a damn about the customer at all and will do nothing for you. I was a VAG man for 20 yrs but once my Cupra gone never again, the build quality on the Leon is shocking, I'm too scared to wash mine in case it just falls apart lol.

I agree either reject or social media with pics, Seat / Cupra been taking the piss imo with all the issues on these cars they are useless.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Actually, the more you study those pics, the worse it gets: hope they can remember where all those nuts and bolts kicking about loose in the drivers footwell go and why the heck did they need to take the steering column out??

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
That’s what bothered me most of all! I’ve never seen such a poorly organised work place.

Hilariously, this was apparently done by their master technician!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
That’s what bothered me most of all! I’ve never seen such a poorly organised work place.

Hilariously, this was apparently done by their master technician!

That would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
Someone needs to explain workflow principles to them.

Reactions: martin j.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@Makers1 - Seeing the chaos in those pictures you‘ve posted, if it was my car I’d definitely not want it back 😧; as @Seriously? has said, it’ll never be the same again. You said your car was recovered to the local VW dealership, so is it the VW dealer’s handiwork we can see in the pictures, or was your car taken to the local Seat dealer by the VW dealership?

IMHO the way that items of trim have been left strewn around shows total lack of regard, care and respect for a customer’s property. If it really was necessary to do that amount of dismantling, then I’d expect the items that‘ve been removed to be boxed and labelled with details of what the parts are and whereabouts they need to go back on reassembly, to minimise the risk of a pile of bits being left over after the interior’s been put back together.

Your pictures are a good illustration of why I wouldn’t want a dealer to fix any interior creaks and rattles in a car I owned - I’d always fear it might go through the same dismantling process, with some junior tech ripping out (and damaging) the interior, only to not solve the issue they were trying to fix, and causing more creaks and rattles in the process.

I really do hope you get a good outcome from this. Please keep the forum updated with developments and the outcome. Good luck 🤞🙂.

Makers1

Feb 16, 2022
It was taken to a main VW dealership in Gloucester, they also now sells CUPRA’s.

I told them last Friday that they had a week to give me an estimate of when my car will be repaired or I’ll post the photos on social media.

What a nightmare!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.