Removing N249 valve - How To Guide

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
got it all finished on friday night, car feels a lot smoother and more responsive. The lag seems to be reduced a fair bit aswell.

i can see the engine now, i just need to make a wee box for the resistor board.

i'll try and get some pics up soon.

Shock_Xe

Im going to have a go on Saturday...... More pics would be good, Can less resitors be used??

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
You can use any number of resistors, just make sure they give 30Ohms and min 20W overall. There may be big load 30Ohms resistors readily available, just ask the clerk at the local electronics shop.

UPDATE: Last weekend i checked my codes and had an N249 open circuit - intermittent, but no CEL. Checked the wires in the N249 plug and one was dodgy fit, so i fixed it. Maybe a small brass plate soldered to the wires and inserted into the original N249 plug would serve a more reliable solution.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Yes, i like it! good free modification!! (work donated all the stuff!! LOL)

i used 5 150 ohms resistiors as that's all i could find but the do the job!

Pics will be up soon once i find my camera, brother took it on holiday and i haven't seen it since! :rolleyes:

Shock_Xe

Im determined to do this when I get off me fat @ss, Will try and do a bolt on kit too, Im off for a week now so hopefully will have alot of things sorted and rdy for kits

Shock_Xe

cuprabaz said:
Mike you tried this yet??

SIM clear out your pm's!!

not yet, got most of the bits ere. Car is back on the road now finally so gonna doit, Will try and release a bolt on kit too which is DIY friendly and wallet friendly :D ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise