Remote heating in Winter

RJW

Jan 24, 2024
Hi all, Just purchased my first SEAT Leon last weekend, I have a E-Hybrid 2021 xcellence model.

Struggling with the departure time settings and getting my heaters to work, I have set the time on my infotainment system but my car isn't warm when I get into the car in the mornings. Do I need to have a SEAT Connect subscription for this to work as I havent paid yet.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Hi all, Just purchased my first SEAT Leon last weekend, I have a E-Hybrid 2021 xcellence model.

Struggling with the departure time settings and getting my heaters to work, I have set the time on my infotainment system but my car isn't warm when I get into the car in the mornings. Do I need to have a SEAT Connect subscription for this to work as I havent paid yet.
It has to be plugged in and charging for the departure times to work - mine is rarely plugged in so just preheat using the app (which you need connect for)

RJW

Jan 24, 2024
It has to be plugged in and charging for the departure times to work - mine is rarely plugged in so just preheat using the app (which you need connect for)
Ah brilliant thank you for this, so you can still preheat your car from the app without it being plugged! That's good to know, may actually be worth paying for the app then

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
That's what I do on cold mornings. App can be a bit hit and miss and likes to tell you that your pride and joy is unlocked when it isn't or that it's windows are open when they're not but for heating and clearing windscreen it works fine!!

RJW

Jan 24, 2024
That's what I do on cold mornings. App can be a bit hit and miss and likes to tell you that your pride and joy is unlocked when it isn't or that it's windows are open when they're not but for heating and clearing windscreen it works fine!!
haha will try remember that then :) I need to get some support on the app, I havent paid for the connect service yet, but when I click anything on the app it just crashes straight away, all up to date and newest versions, wondering if paying for the service will mean I can then select those buttons, who knows...

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
App can be a bit hit and miss and likes to tell you that your pride and joy is unlocked when it isn't or that it's windows are open when they're not but for heating and clearing windscreen it works fine!!
I'm also struggling with this damn Cupra Connect App, especially in colder mornings.
I'm stopping the charge before it reaches 100%, so I can charge the last few percent the next morning before departure. The car is parked overnight quite far from me, and connected to a charger that switches off automatically after 4h since the start of the charging session. This means I cannot use the "departure time" setting on the car (or App), since the charger might be switched off when the car would like to start charging before departure.
However, what I try to do is to manually start the charging station from it's own App, and after that I have to tell Cupra to start charging. In most cases the Cupra App will reply "Sorry, something has gone wrong", in some cases it will tell me that the car is "Not connected / unplugged", and in less than 10% of the cases (maybe 5%) it will start charging. :mad:
However, every time I get one of the above errors, I'm able to start the pre-heating of the car - which will drain the battery, of course - since the car has no idea it's connected to the charging station, or when it knows it's connected, it doesn't know that the station is "alive".

So indeed, in most cases the remote heating works just fine, but the charging request fails most of the time...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-30 at 14.29.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-30 at 14.29.16.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 30
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.