Remedy to poor output on dipped beam...?

teldoyle

Oct 25, 2012
light beam level should be set to zero for the uk roads if you raise the level by switch or mechanically adjust them you will be putting your light beam patten out of pattern, it can and will fail its mot, however if its just on switch the mot tester will change it to zero if it the headlamp adjustment that has raised the beam then they can either fail the test so you have to apy for another one or they could charge you a fee for adjusting it back to normal pattern.

adjusting the beam to higher level will dazzle other road users and oncoming traffic which could lead to accidents

Aug 8, 2011
Essex
light beam level should be set to zero for the uk roads if you raise the level by switch or mechanically adjust them you will be putting your light beam patten out of pattern, it can and will fail its mot, however if its just on switch the mot tester will change it to zero if it the headlamp adjustment that has raised the beam then they can either fail the test so you have to apy for another one or they could charge you a fee for adjusting it back to normal pattern.

adjusting the beam to higher level will dazzle other road users and oncoming traffic which could lead to accidents

I doubt it. You can tell if headlights are raised too high, other road users will soon tell through a flash of main beam here and there.

They'll simply be adjusted come M.O.T. time if need be by the tester himself without a fee :)

Jan 19, 2023
Ibiza 2012 Mk4 6J diesel 1.2 coupe. Could the twist adjusters (or the white screw they turn) on the top of the headlights prevent a headlight from working? my offside headlamp was working perfectly until a week after my MOT. tried new bulbs, double tested all fuses. now i face £99 per hour, just for an electrician to diagnose the issue.

also, since i bought the car 1 year ago, the offside fog lamp isn't working. not a deal breaker but looked at various video instructions and Haynes to see how to replace the bulb and it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to remove the grille. i have ruined the paintwork around it. tried taking under tray off and still no access. SEAT should have made this far easier and in mho should foot the bill.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.