Patchy Acceleration??? HELP PLEASE

aNiceCupraT

:wtf:

Hi All. First post on here. Got my hands on a 1.8 20VT Cupra 51 Plate. Love the car and most of the time it's a joy to drive but once every few days I get really patchy acceleration.

In every gear the car seems to go then it doesn't then it does then it doesn't :whistle: you get the idea.

It's not a major problem as it only happens occassionaly but i'm worried it a sign of things to come and it would be a nightmare if this was to become a more permanent feature of the car.

Any ideas why this is???

Cheers in advance.

JJ

P.S I'm no mechanic so keep it simple :confused:

aNiceCupraT

Just replaced the coil pack so maybe the MAF then - Are they easy to replace?? Could i a novice do this??

I've read a few places that you can remove this and if the car improves you know its that - is this easy??

JJ

aNiceCupraT

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

No Boost Gauge - car is totally standard apart from some rather fetching Fox aftermarket wheels.

Read the n249 bypass articles and tbh thats a bit advanced for me i'm afraid. If it was just a case of unscrew this put that there etc I'd give it a go but the article i read is talking about putting in new electrics to trick the engine management and solenoids and stuff and i've no idea what all this is. AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH I hate being a newbie at anything!!

Maybe it's just because it's half eleven I'll read it again tomorrow. Thanks for the posts - I'll try these things over the weekend and post how i get on.

Cheers,

JJ

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
another reason for patchy acceleration (interrmittent amounts of boost) could be a loose connection on your N75 valve. Check that the electrical connector is pushed right on.