Overheating Issues

Mar 19, 2024
So i picked up my 1.5 Cupra Formentor from Tonbridge Caffynes on the 30th February and had the car about 2 weeks when it started to overheat when idling for about 30 minutes with stop start switched off, So i contacted them about it and the erliest they could fit me in was 30th March so tried Ashford Cupra and the erliest was mid May so stuck with Tonbridge and while waiting i observed that if the car is on idle with stop start on i can hear the relay and the fans kick in but if it then decides to turn of the engine via stop start and it starts again the cars fan will not kick in and it eventually overheats.

Anyone else have this issue.

Also last week Cupra Tonbridge rang me and set my diagnostics back to middle of may.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
I would ring Cupra Assist breakdown and get them to book you in as a breakdown. You’ll be seen straight away at your local dealer that way. I was told that dealers can’t refuse a breakdown from Cupra Assist and they have SLA’s to meet etc otherwise they get charged.
I went through this myself a few months back when my local dealer couldn’t fit me in for 4 months when my Infotainment screen broke down. I called breakdown and I followed the guy to the dealer that same day and it was left with them. I got a free hire car out of it and had my car back fixed the next day.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.