OMP strut braces

Mckellar

combined with coilovers will these make the car really stiff or a little noticable difference? i dont want to start shaking the car to pieces for the sake of some natural body roll.

Know a guy selling these for a mk4 polo (same shape as mk2 ibiza).
just wondering if these will fit or is the ibiza wider?

oh - and its front and rear upper braces.
Thanks, DM

Robsparky

Apr 17, 2007
In my opinion, body roll isn't a good thing. Getting things tight is the way forward. Strut braces make a small improvement. If you where to go Front upper, front lower and rear braces, the car would stiffen up quite a bit.

I would use the main uk supplier of omp gear (who actually sell all type of ibiza braces) - [email protected] - your'll need to talk to Mark.

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Strut braces will not reduce body roll, just tighten up the chassis
Anti Roll bars will reduce body roll, but contarary to popular belief i do not think that body roll equates to a loss of grip - its all about weight transfer.

However strut braces do tighten up the steering response and you will actually feel the back for a change.

Anti roll bar kits keep the car much flatter though corners.

Struts start at £50 a kit - i have these A++
ARBs start at £150 - i would love these :(

Hope that helps?

Mckellar

All you need now chris is a faster car :lol: kidding on.

Mig - i was on his ebay shop earlier today actually, £70 delivered for front and rear OMP braces, asda price!

My coilovers (when i get them) wont be wound down too much because of my LCR splitter touching some speed bumps/kerbs already :cry:

Mckellar

im 19, a university student and a part time worker at minimum wage so no excuses :lol:

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
All you need now chris is a faster car

Was thinking exactly the same thing :lol: :lol: . I'm sure teddy is secretly saving up for an R32 engine conversion.

My coilovers (when i get them) wont be wound down too much because of my LCR splitter touching some speed bumps/kerbs already :cry:

Sorry to piss on your parade Dave, but coilovers and an LCR splitter are a big no no :cry: .

I've tried it and it just wasn't happening. But then again I need to drive up multistory car parks and speedbumps on daily basis !!!!!!

Mig

Mckellar

i am used to not getting over speed bumps/multi story car parks so ill wind the coilovers down a bit see how i get on, all else fails it *** need to come off :cry:

did you take yours off?:blink:

Mckellar

will?* i hate this abreviation blanking, miss-spell a word and you look stupid

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
will?* i hate this abreviation blanking, miss-spell a word and you look stupid

Dont even go there mate :headhurt:

As for the LCR splitter, I had it on for about 2 months before I lowered the car, and once lowered, I took it off after a day :(

PICT0141.jpg

Mckellar

thats not that low mig, come on now! coilover crew and all that..unless u have to go everywhere, then wind them down :lol:

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
ive orderd front and rear upper OPM strut braces, the red ones? im a rite in assuming i need to drill holes in my car to fit them? i dont think they fit straight onto the strut mounts?

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
LCR standing for Lean Cupra R?

Yup, come to think of it I've got that one for sale as well if you want. You can get them new from the dealership for about £18. Mine is 2 months old with minimum of scrapes. £10 and its yours. And saves you the hassle of going to a dealership and ordering one up. I'll bring it to Uni on Monday along with the Sub and box :D

And I'll even get you some screws for the LCR splitter ;)
Mig

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members