New Leon Help

Oct 31, 2021
Hiya Guys,
Am have just got my first Seat, so apologies if asking some basic questions. But just been reading through some threads and am interested in getting some extra mods onto the car itself. I see lots of mentions of OBDEleven, VCDS, long coding etc. Unfortunately am not very familiar with either so was just wondering what the best option is in order to learn and be able to add things on to the car itself. I looked at VCDS and its 1000? Im sure is just a code remover but if someone is able to explain and just guide me into right area would be so much appreciated :)

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Buy a carista or obd11 if your unfamiliar with coding as you can brick it pretty quick, you can also buy a cheap obd2 reader and download an app from google play for 3 quid

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
VCDS (formerly VAGCom), VCP (VAG Can Pro), OBDeleven, Carista can read generic DTCs (fault codes) like an cheap generic ECU reader/fault code clearer.

However, unlike the the cheap generic readers, those mentioned above have the ability to modify the coding and adaptations fitted to the vehicle - this can activate optional extras (where sensors/hardware is already fitted to the car) or change functions on the car from standard. Some of the things that you can do are listed here:

In terms of which to go for there are plenty of forums. Some devices require a pc, whereas others can be used via an app on a phone/tablet. Whichever you chose, do not buy a fake version - if the price is too good to be true, then you know why!

Everyone that uses these devices will have a bias or preference. As long as you take a scan of the vehicle before you make any changes (and keep a copy somewhere safe), and follow the instructions, then you will normally be able to revert back to original settings. Generally those people that chose the app have issues because the app is making the changes, whereas on VCDS you make the changes from first principles, so can generally figure out which part of the change resulted in the error.

If you are using on one vehicle and only intend to make a few changes, then the app based versions will probably suit your needs.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.