Neuspeed front+rear ARB's

chriskaztaz

Been a while since I last posted, so lots too tell!
Car still going ace with no probs.
Have recently read article posted on SCN regarding ARB's and was interested.
Recently purchased and fitted front and rear Neuspeed ARB's, 28mm at the rear and 25mm at the front. What a terrific difference!!
I've prep'd the car with lowering springs all round with changing just the rear shocks for stronger units, and adding a front strut brace. Also the LCR is sitting on Fox R1 8.5J rims needing a 5mm spacer to achieve clearance over Brembo's. This gives the car a much wider track and also strengthens the Pzero Rosso's tyre wall (same size tyre on a wider rim). This improved the overall driving response but not to expectations. However, fitting the ARB's is just the daddy! Everything has just fallen into place without giving a harsh spine breaking ride. The straight line drive is more responsive with less diving under braking and less lift accelerating with 275bhp on tap! The cornering is like being on rails. The rear is an addition to the existing, whilst the front is a replacement. The front OE that came off was about 12mm dia and felt flimsy and light compared to the solid 25mm unit taking it's place. Truthfully, pound for pound, a V.worthy modification. I'm loving it.

Nov 28, 2006
I'm putting my new Neuspeed ARB's on tonight. My LCR also had to be a famliy machine so I went for 22mm front and 25mm back. I'm also hoping the new bushes will get rid of my speed bump squeak.

I'll post back when I've had a blast with them on.

Nov 28, 2006
Are you fitting them yourself? Are they hard to fit?

Yep, I'm fitting them myself. I'm cheating a bit though as a mate owns a garage and he'll be around if it all goes Pete Tong.

I hear the rear is easy to fit but the front involves dropping the sub-frame. I haven't looked for any guides cos my mate is going to help me out but I'm sure there must be one knocking about.

Cupraloon

Excellent, Chriskaztaz, would be interested to hear what suspension kit your running, nice to hear when thiongs go right, after spending loads of money :D

chriskaztaz

Great to hear positive response regarding ARB'S Fella's.
As to fitting the units, the rear is achievable with a trolley jack and axle stands.
Just follow instructions supplied and all becomes clear. Centre hangers need some Chee-Force to locate over subframe, but otherwise all is ok.
Front as already mentioned is a sub frame job with also some loosening req'd on steering rack. This obviosly is best left to the pro's so they can fully track the vehicle after.
As regards to suspension on my motor, I've opted for a Jamex set-up. Lowering springs all round, with uprated Jamex rear shocks. This accompanied with upper strut brace and Mr Neuspeed, the car is all brand new!!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Anyone thinking of doing this I would recommend chunky ARB's even for every day transport I went 28mm rear and 25mm front which was 'sporty' but useable for the family and even 4 adults and luggage to and from the airport etc (that included the mother-in-law sat in the back and no complaints ;) )

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I'm getting 25mm front and 28mm rear fitted this Friday along with koni fsd's, eibach springs and an S3 strut brace. I already have a peloquin diff fitted so with the extras on top I should notice a bit of a difference yeah?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I'm getting 25mm front and 28mm rear fitted this Friday along with koni fsd's, eibach springs and an S3 strut brace. I already have a peloquin diff fitted so with the extras on top I should notice a bit of a difference yeah?

Sounds a great set up:drool:

I have the rear Neuspeed ARB in 28 mm set to the medium setting, S3 strutt brace bolted in place with 12 mm bolts, nyloc nuts and spring washers[:@],
poly bush fitted to the dog bone mount and the front rear suspension bushes changed for poly ones. The front ARB assembly was changed out for a new assembly due to possible wear and tear and the bush needing changed anyway.
This coupled with GSD3's makes for a fantastic handling car with the same ride height.
And total cost cheaper than a set of coilovers.;)

chris_m

Aug 30, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
My Cupra currently has Eibach Springs, Eibach Dampers and a Neuspeed Rear 25mm ARB on the middle setting. Its excellent.... much more controlled and sporty than it was as standard.

But... the front end definately needs playing with. Probably an ARB and a strut brace... because the rear is much stiffer and better controlled, it urges you to push more, but you struggle because the front is still washy and rolls.

Its hard to explain... but having the front of the car rolling a bit whilst the rear is firm is much wierder than it being the opposite way round.

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
cant wait to get mine fitted now :) I have also brought KW varient 1 coilovers, as well as the Neuspeed 25 - 28 ARB, and i have a front and fear upper strut braces too, plus new top mounts, should handle like it is on rails then :) All booked to be fitted on the 25th of july. wooop woop. C'mon payday..:lol:

chriskaztaz

Anybody fitting these Neuspeed ARB'S are going to be loving it like a mongoose! Apply some after market suspension set up and strut brace(s) and rails in the road will def be followed. Enjoy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise