W. yorkshire
Now wanting to get front and rear ARB's

But was wondering if anyone knew of any benifits of the 28mm over the 25mm
and the 25mm over the 22mm.
Other than the obvious and is it really noticeable

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
ah yeah nick read all that before,
Im just curious if you would actually be able to tell the difference on public roads, other than possibly a rougher ride which im used to anyway and it doesn't bother me

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Depends mate, thicker the bar the less independent your suspension is the more skittish it is over bumps...do your research first then make a decision...thicker isnt always better!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
ah yeah nick read all that before,
Im just curious if you would actually be able to tell the difference on public roads, other than possibly a rougher ride which im used to anyway and it doesn't bother me

Have you done any other suspension modifications? or got any planned?

I think you will find very few people who will have tried a selection of ARB's over any distance and can give you a definitive answer.

I never found the ride uncomfortable lowered 20mm and with 25mm/28mm ARB's including loaded up with family and suitcases.

The only time I found the ride a little choppy was a fast bumpy section of dual carriageway.

The ARB's really do insipre confidence when driving and if you use Neuspeed the rear is adjustable on 3 settings to give some flexibility with the comfort of your setup

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
not got any done yet but i am thinking of Koni FSD with Eibach Springs
but im holding back abit as i tend to catch front end on my drive as it is with out lowering, so trying to decide on that one.
but i am getting a s3 upper strut too

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Lots of people have said that with decent suspension, you'll catch the front less as the front dives less. Still, it'll be a shame if you paid all that money and then found it caught more!

Personally, I wouldn't go above a 22/25mm front/rear - don't see the need for race-car flatness on the road, just subtle improvement. I never changed the suspension on mine though.

Steve always agrees to disagree :D

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
well i've gone with the 25 front and 28 back they arrived this morning and along with the s3 upper strut that im picking up tommorrow looks like i got a busy weekend ;)

Now just got to wait till monday when i get paid and then i can buy some koni fsd:funk:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Right just an update.
Fitted both arbs (25 front 28 rear) and the s3 upper strut at the weekend.
And i got to say first impressions are EXCELLANTE!!

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Steve always agrees to disagree :D

LOL be boring if we all agreed Phil.............but yes I disagree :cartman:

What I do agree is that as wierd as it sounds suspension lowered 20mm approx but uprated and I had less scraping than when standard. The car dives and lifts less with uprated dampers and it's the only reason I can see for the behaviour :shrug:

G2232 said:
Right just an update.
Fitted both arbs (25 front 28 rear) and the s3 upper strut at the weekend.
And i got to say first impressions are EXCELLANTE!!

Keep this thread (or the sticky at the top of the MK1 Leon section) updated with your opinions / reviews for others. In particular it would be usefull to have a review of OEM suspension and uprated ARB's and strut brace.

Glad to hear intial impressions are good though

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.