moved to the darkside...

ste2351

Sep 1, 2007
ive chopped the beeza in for a civic type r 04 plate so it bye from me and i enjoyed the 1 meet i did attend i will still probbs attend to others, see yas later

T. Spark

Ohh this could be fun now :)

Fancy seeing if it can out run a dirty diesel... the true dark side my friend :)

Tallica

Aug 8, 2007
Ohh this could be fun now :)

Fancy seeing if it can out run a dirty diesel... the true dark side my friend :)

I for one reckon that in the 'real world' it would struggle. I hate cars that you
have to thrash to within 'an inch of its life' to get the real performance from.
CTRs have very little torque. The Type R would reign supreme on the track though!

T. Spark

I for one reckon that in the 'real world' it would struggle. I hate cars that you
have to thrash to within 'an inch of its life' to get the real performance from.
CTRs have very little torque. The Type R would reign supreme on the track though!

Im afriad I agree with your 'real world' but have to disagree on a track.

Ive seen 10's of CTR down the 1/4 strip and never return times I have :)

I cant find the link but there is a nice video of a PD130 with a map, and a CTR going around a track, and the CTR cant get away, and in the end the PD130 gets past.

Same thing with JBS Mike's video on Donnington this year, 2.0 Clio Sport gets easily over taken by EdButler in his PD130 and Mike then comes up behind and sticks there like glue in his PD130.

Ive taken mine round a public toll road in germany and was alot, lot faster than most cars on there at the time (including a few MX5's that life there!)

Tallica

Aug 8, 2007
Im afriad I agree with your 'real world' but have to disagree on a track.

Ive seen 10's of CTR down the 1/4 strip and never return times I have :)

I cant find the link but there is a nice video of a PD130 with a map, and a CTR going around a track, and the CTR cant get away, and in the end the PD130 gets past.

Same thing with JBS Mike's video on Donnington this year, 2.0 Clio Sport gets easily over taken by EdButler in his PD130 and Mike then comes up behind and sticks there like glue in his PD130.

Ive taken mine round a public toll road in germany and was alot, lot faster than most cars on there at the time (including a few MX5's that life there!)
Good to hear, as I have a remapped TDI! :funk:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
think we should chill on the choice of car mines better than yours thing, hopefully he will relise that he wants 2 come back :D

Tallica

Aug 8, 2007
think we should chill on the choice of car mines better than yours thing, hopefully he will relise that he wants 2 come back :D

I don't see any my car is better than yours in this thread. Just general opinion.
I did not understand the context of 'I doubt it' tis all.

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
i have a mapped pd130 and my friend has a standard type r, he's getting his license back in december so i'll let you know how it goes, we've got an old airfield about half a mile away :D

pauliepaul

stop making my car dirty
Aug 19, 2007
cornwall
it's like a weird (normal) 2.0 litre car until you nail it to 6k. when i drove it it felt swift but one hell of an effort to MAKE it swift, if you see what i mean... i think on a b- road blast it'd be quite similar to compare the 2

i'm sure he'll kick my ass in a straight line but it's cool to torture him while he can't drive it :happy:

i do love the type r but wouldn't swap my smokey old boy now :D

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I would have thought a CTR driven correctly would win against a remaped pd130 driven correctly

if the pd130 has more than just a remap I would think it could win but then we are looking at a standard car vs a well modded one

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.