MK2 Flip Key - update with part numbers and guides!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Its cut to my old car but that can be removed and a new blade can be put in, along with the transponder from your duff key.

£25 posted :)

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Its cut to my old car but that can be removed and a new blade can be put in, along with the transponder from your duff key.

£25 posted :)

Just to clarify, can i take the key blade from my duff key and simply replace it with the blade on the flip one. And then do i just code as the flip key as described in the beginning of this post?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Chop up your old key, take out the transponder, put the transponder in the new key, modify the blade so it goes in the flip key and recode :)

Have a re-read of post 1, it explains everything in there.

Jen Cupra T

I bought a 2-button siemens VW flip key, and inserted the immobiliser into the key-car starts with this but I cant get the key programmed into the car to work the remote central locking. The part number of this key is siemens SME 433.92 MHz 7M3 959 753F.

Is this the wrong key and does it have to be the alhambra key? I tried both methods of programming the key listed on this post, but with no success.

The only result I got was that the LED flashed 5 times then nothing. The batteries are ok. Why will it not work?

The car is a late 2002 Ibiza Cupra mk3

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Am going to try and sort this, as my 1.4 key has packed in. Has anyone done this and can point me into the rite direction of a key

Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Got myself the correct key delivered today for £25

DSCF0743.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

Just need to know how to open it up to put the immobiliser chip out of my spare key in it and get my blade cut.

Anyone know how to take these apart?
Already coded it to my car and it locks/unlocks with no problems

Ollie

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
It pulls apart, there should be like a little clip on one side, if you get a screwdriver in the and twist it, it should help. And the key bit will come away from the other half, the other half then again just pulls apart

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
Take the vw badge off, under that there is a little screw that you need to undo to remove the chip. I think once thats undone you split the key in two which is easy and it just pulls apart?

You can buy a blank blade off ebay for like £3 then take it down to a locksmith and they will charge you like £5 to cut it.

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Had a very unproductive day and hurt my back - but did get my blade cut for my key!
How the hell do you get that pin out though? Cant seem to find anything the rite size and its driving me crazy!!
Any help?
Ollie

OllieL

2.0 16v Cupra Sport GTi
Dec 10, 2006
Birmingham
Don't even need the pin out, just tried the blade and the bloke at the key place has cut it wrong :(

Back to ebay to get another blade

Ollie

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Sorry to bring up an old thread but, does the part number of the key matter aslong as the operating frequency is right?

gardner

Hi all, I am wanting to get a flip key for my mk2 ibiza, it is a tdi on an 'R' plate. The part number on my current fob reads: Siemens SWK4 790/97/98. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which flip key it is that I require to do the swop. Thanks, Elliott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.