Lumpy rough from cold? 01039 - Coolant Temperature Sensor Idiots guide

hinxy

cheers

I'll try the prongs and i've since topped it up so hopefully one of them will be it. I've had this happening for over a year

Scottl

Mine is an '04 and it was originally black, the new sensor is not different just the plastic is green instead of black - all new ones should be green i've heard.

As far as I'm aware the sensor is 4 pin (black or green) - if you have a 2 pin one then that is a different sensor you have replaced.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong...

hinxy

I hope that's not the case it cost me £30 haha

Where i changed it was on the bulk head above the gear box? is that right on the ibiza?

Scottl

Hinxy, why are you posting about an Ibiza in the Leon Mk1 area?

Anyway, pretty much all the TDIs use the same senor so I can't see why it would be different...

Last edited by a moderator:

hinxy

yeah sorry, that was what i thought though. I'm only finding info on volkswagons on the net and the leon's a lot closer to home and there's a lot more knowledge on them in this thread than the other one's i've found

Dani_b19

Apr 8, 2009
Whats it like for coolant coming out when changing the sensor? Its not going to be gushing out is it, then have to be topped up to find it's air locked? just want to check, lol.

hinxy

yeah it does gush out. you have to plug it with the new sensor as soon as you can. as for air locking, i just checked the coolant after my next journey and it hadn't gone down that much after topping it up

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yeah it does gush out. you have to plug it with the new sensor as soon as you can. as for air locking, i just checked the coolant after my next journey and it hadn't gone down that much after topping it up

hinxy, have you solved your problem now?

I've cleaned the prongs inside the header tank. But the coolant level looks ok...

Someone with an LCR post a pic of their header tank, I want to make sure that the level in mine is ok!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Just ordered mine. If this doesn't cure the bleeping, then I'll be topping up the coolant, even though I don't feel it's low, maybe it should have a bit more...

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Tbh I didn't think the prongs we're dirty in any way, but I've scraped them with a screwdriver.

My coolant level is half way I'd say.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.