Leon mk4 Sunroof Panel Overheating

Apr 19, 2024
I have a Leon FR MK4 and since the day i got the car the sunroof panel overheats in the summer and stops working along with the sunroof itself repeatedly opening and closing on its own, this is making the car a hell to drive in summer (and i live in a very hot country), the dealership acknowledged the problem then sent for a replacement panel and when it arrived they refused to change it saying "it's a non fixable issue and you have to live with it".

I tried doing everything to isolate the car from PPF to window heat insulation wraps and the car is still burning hot, is there any hope for this as i have given up.

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Black is the absolute worst colour for absorbing infra red heat:
, not to mention being harder to look after etc - though looks gorgeous when minty clean...

Perhaps reflective solar film applied to the underside of the glass panels?

Apr 19, 2024
Black is the absolute worst colour for absorbing infra red heat:
, not to mention being harder to look after etc - though looks gorgeous when minty clean...

Perhaps reflective solar film applied to the underside of the glass panels?
Interesting video, I've always known the curse of blacks and that's why i installed the PPF and windows sun insulation wraps but was of no use, my last resort now is to dismantle the roof and lay heat conducting sheets all around it
IMG_1072.jpeg
IMG_1072.jpeg

Reactions: CosmicBlue
Nov 18, 2021
Well, why don't you fill a complaint form? It's so clear that is a malfunction that the manufacturer can't fight against.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 9 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.