k04 23 getting 24psi

paul-murphys

efr 6758 here i come
recently changed actuator an my k04 for a stronger one an noticed getting more boost. i thought having i stronger actuator holds boost better not makes more boost .... anyone shed some light on this subject?
if plant my foot in 3-6th i peak at 25 hold ad 23-24 an at redline get 21... is this normal?
thought n75 controls boost an limits how much car has an didnt think a standard k04 23 shold make this much boost,

anyone lend a hand?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Paul, your N75 and manual boost controller opens the actuator to relieve the hot side getting spun by bypassing the gases out the wastegate.

The N75 and manual boost controller will try and open this but the actuator will only open when the spring pressure is relieved.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
mine is peaking the same as yours paul, mine is set to this pressure so that it lets off at 24-25 psi.

I dont have any logs with mine. but the uprated actuator helps hold the boost till the redline.

Im goin to look at fitting a mbc in mine. but then push on for more power

turbin

mine is peaking the same as yours paul, mine is set to this pressure so that it lets off at 24-25 psi.

I dont have any logs with mine. but the uprated actuator helps hold the boost till the redline.

Im goin to look at fitting a mbc in mine. but then push on for more power

What boost in psi do you see at redline in say 3rd? 4th? I usually see 14-15psi.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members