k&n 57s induction kit

KWEV

May 23, 2004
Hi all ,
just wondering if anyone has fitted one of the new k&n 57s induction kits to their leon fr tdi's.Basically its a cone filter in a custom flowed airbox.Looks good oe type fitment.

Wondering if their would be any gains from these:)

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Are these even available for the FR? I could only ever find induction kits for the 2.0tdi sport engines. Yet to see a member with one, everyone runs standard (myself included) or has a replacement panel filter such as pipercross/K&N/green...

Have you any links to the induction kit that shows its available for the FR tdi?

Are these even available for the FR? I could only ever find induction kits for the 2.0tdi sport engines. Yet to see a member with one, everyone runs standard (myself included) or has a replacement panel filter such as pipercross/K&N/green...

Have you any links to the induction kit that shows its available for the FR tdi?

It will, pretty sure as long as it's a 2.0tdi engine then the model of the car ie stylance, reference, fr etc is irrelevant. The intake systems are the same.

Does this look like your engine bay>>> http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/A2054-813_inst.pdf

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Waste of money IMHO

just get yourself a Panel Filter (K&N,Green or Pipercross)

Im also struggling to see from them pictures where the airflow comes from? there doesnt seem to be a Intake attached anywhere?

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Only had a quick look at it but yeh your right

£40 for Panel Filter or £200 for induction :shrug:

Unless it can be proven that this Kit will be better than a Panel filter set up then il just stick to the cheaper option

Last edited:

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Only had a quick look at it but yeh your right

£40 for Panel Filter or £200 for induction :shrug:

Unless it can be proven that this Kit will be better than a Panel filter set up then il just stick to the cheaper option

I'm with you on that one, id be wanting results and figures before going down that route... Still haven't even managed to get myself a replacement panel element!

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
It will, pretty sure as long as it's a 2.0tdi engine then the model of the car ie stylance, reference, fr etc is irrelevant. The intake systems are the same.

Does this look like your engine bay>>> http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/A2054-813_inst.pdf

To be honest I'm not sure lol, probably is the same, just never seen one listed for an FR it was always the 2.0tdi 140 or the 1.9 engines so I assumed there was something different about the FR...

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
its one of them questions does it really add £200 worth of improvements?

people often ask me does my DPF Delete feel like £900 worth of improvement to which i reply yes

I really carnt see this Induction kit doing anything that a panel filter carnt

but.... if it really does do alot better then i might then get one :cartman:

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Haha if your buying

All as you really need to do is do a RR before and RR After fitting and then possibly some before and after 1/4 miles etc

if performance is noticeably better it might be worth 200 notes

Sorry Typhoon kit listed is this not the same thing just called typhoon not 57

from past experience K&N's typhoon kits usually are open cone filter ends with long alloy tubing, they don't look very OEM in most cases, the 57i kit is usually a basic cone filter fixed to a mounting plate to fit oem air inlet. The 57s are the new ones with the cone filter in an enclosed air box.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.