ibiza tdi 110 not running good

vangoo

lcr is here
Oct 10, 2006
campbeltown
my tdi 110 is not going good feels like running with no turbo.it gets to 2000rpm then not much more with foot flat to the floor.i am tryin to sell so this is not goin to help.any one got any ideas what it is plz.some said maf senser if so how much to put right.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
could well be the maf. don't know if the seat dealers still do the part exchange scheme but if they don't do it anymore, just go to the merc part dealer and order a 220 CDI maf by pierburg. they work a treat, cost a fraction of a new bosch one and are very reliable. do a search for the part # of both items.

chopper

110 tdi problems

I also have an issue with my 110 tdi. I changed the Bosch MAF for a direct replacement 6 months ago and the car imediately felt more responsive and reved freely. Now it fells sluggish again. Does anyone know if these can fail again so quickly and why. I don't want to keep throwing money at the car just to keep it at standard performance.:cry:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
yes, they can fail pretty quickly and the reason is plain and simple: they are ****. So again, as for post #2, go for the pierburg one, did it on my 110 and never had a problem. the pierburg maf costs less than a half than the bosch one, doesn't break, doesn't get dirty and my car felt a lil more responsive at low revs after putting one in. do a search here in the tdi section or take a look in the tdi faq's, there are some posts/thread of mine that contain all the part #s and info about the matter.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54360&highlight=611+094

take a look at post #3.

Just to be clear again: you can replace your bosch maf with part # 06A 906 461 with the one pierburg does for the mercedes CDI 200 and 220 engines. It works so no questions about this please. Just pop in a merc parts shop and ask for part # A 611 094 00 48, pay it a fraction of the bosch one, put it into the intake manifold, throw away the bosch one and be happy.

chopper

Thanks all I'll try one. Tornado red it's funny you should say you think it's poor filtration as when my latest one failed I checked my filter, as it should have been changed at the service earlier this year, and found it was completely clogged. So much for paying pro's.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.