How to remove bottom spec 3.5” infotainment system

vixonss

Mar 6, 2024
Hi all,

I’ve recently purchased a new infotainment system from Xtrons as my current unit is the bottom spec that doesn’t allow me to have apple car play etc.

I found some instructions online on how to remove the unit, but when i’ve placed the keys into the infotainment system to pull it out, it simply will not budge at all.

Any help would be huge.

Thank you all.

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
Hi all,

I’ve recently purchased a new infotainment system from Xtrons as my current unit is the bottom spec that doesn’t allow me to have apple car play etc.

I found some instructions online on how to remove the unit, but when i’ve placed the keys into the infotainment system to pull it out, it simply will not budge at all.

Any help would be huge.

Thank you all.
Please let me if you get this done I have a MIB1 and would love to upgrade it to get android auto etc… but retrofit prices are very expensive.

vixonss

Mar 6, 2024
Please let me if you get this done I have a MIB1 and would love to upgrade it to get android auto etc… but retrofit prices are very expensive.
My car didn’t have an MIB at all just a base radio / screen, i did however manage to get it out with some better quality release keys i purchased on amazon. There are a couple threads on here with how people have done gone from MIB1 - MIB2 also seems to be 1 youtube video from a spanish guy same gist just hard to understand if you don’t speak it.

Jason2023

Jul 13, 2023
My car didn’t have an MIB at all just a base radio / screen, i did however manage to get it out with some better quality release keys i purchased on amazon. There are a couple threads on here with how people have done gone from MIB1 - MIB2 also seems to be 1 youtube video from a spanish guy same gist just hard to understand if you don’t speak it.
Did the new Xtrons work ok?

vixonss

Mar 6, 2024
Did the new Xtrons work ok?
it’s 100% not the fastest unit though for £265 you can’t expect that. the lag is minimal and all of the features work, other than radio i didn’t plug in the cars antenna as i do not use it. waze works spot on like it would on your phone. only slight problem i encountered was i had to unscrew a mounting bracket as for some reason 3 of the mounting clips would go in but the bottom left just wouldn’t. other than that no complaints

Reactions: Jason2023

MartinThorn

Feb 28, 2024
I did that recently - upgraded from MIB1 to MIB2 to get android auto. Not particularly cheap but got there in the end. If following my route I'd advise obtaining a unit from a scrapped vehicle as similar as possible to yours in model and spec to reduce the amount of required coding/adaptation.

Thread 'And another MIB1 to MIB2 conversion - minor issue' https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/and-another-mib1-to-mib2-conversion-minor-issue.475374/

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members