Heated front seats retrofit

Apr 12, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am looking to retrofit electric heated seats on my Cupra Leon ST. I currently have the electric memory function working and now looking to wire the heating side of it.

As I have seen in the schematics, seats are now wired to the heater and aircon control unit(they were connected to the BCM in the mk3).

Does anyone know how to get to the aircon and heater control unit without having to remove the dashboard?( At least enough to wire the connector in...)

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Kaxolo

Dec 23, 2021
Check the schematichs as you might have the connector on the connectors on the sides under the panels. When I was retrofitting the heated water jets I couldn´t get to the aircon unit and then I saw the cables from that unit to the side connectors were there just nothing plugged to them.

Apr 12, 2024
Check the schematichs as you might have the connector on the connectors on the sides under the panels. When I was retrofitting the heated water jets I couldn´t get to the aircon unit and then I saw the cables from that unit to the side connectors were there just nothing plugged to them.
Thanks Kaxolo,

I succeded fitting the cable yesterday. and my heated seats are working now.

For other people's reference, you can access the aircon unit (j979) by removing the globebox.

Regards,

Jon

May 4, 2024
France
Thanks Kaxolo,

I succeded fitting the cable yesterday. and my heated seats are working now.

For other people's reference, you can access the aircon unit (j979) by removing the globebox.

Regards,

Jon
Hi Jonan,

I am very interested to retrofit heated seats on my MK4 e-hybrid to avoid using too much traction high-voltage battery.

Did you just change non-heated whole complete seats to heated ones?
Or you just installed heated pads to your existing non-heated seats with cables?

I have FR seats without heating pads and was wondering how to do it.
Buy heating pads, install them on the seats and connect the wiring looms.
Code HVAC ECU as explained for an MK3 hereafter?

Thanks in advance

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.