GORDZ's Platinum Grey Mk1 Leon TDI 110 - Finally an Update 6/3/11

lol, and I thought I was being original with my mods :rolleyes:

Yeah really looking forward to alltypes, was gutted I couldn't make it last year, it looked like a good laugh.

Given myself a bit of an aim to have a completely clean and sparkling engine bay for the all types show. Really thick with dirt and crap so will take a fair few cleans I think!

Welcome back mate. What does it say on your windscreen?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Welcome back mate. What does it say on your windscreen?

Cheers.

It's website address for my business. Also have one on the back too.

Great cheap advertising tool, but don't really like the look to be honest, so probably will be ordering some magnetic advertising signs to go on car to replace the stickers I have. Then I can quickly switch between business and pleasure ;)

Woohoo - welcome back (again) lol. Glad to hear the modding bug is back!

Cruise control will be great, I have it on my mk5, great for keeping me at 70 on the motorway :)

Cheers! Yeah I love cruise control, always use it when using my Dad's car or a company car, brilliant when on motorway at night or it's quiet.

Cruise control is great. First time I used it I thought, Oh this is odd.... not using my feet, and car seems to be accellerating... But it does make motorway driving effortless! Pretty good for MPG too :p

Ha, yeah, first time I ever used cruise control I hated it as didn't feel in control at all, but now I think it's the best thing since sliced bread! Hence why I want it so much on my Leon!

Great looking Tdi mate, love the color! Definitly get some larger wheels on it, Im so glad I upgraded my 16's to 17's huge improvement.

Cheers! Yeah the platinum grey turns up really nice in the summer after a good wax.

I'm always keeping my eye out for a cheap set of cupra/fr alloys, but I love the look of these alloys at the moment, just a shame they didn't make them any bigger than 15"!!!

Feb 24, 2010
London
I didnt get it mate, i thought you sold the leon when you got the company car?! did you get another another one/or got this one back sumhow lol... Well doesnt matter, aslong as your back in the game!
Im thinking of a bra, as i get quite alot of chips due to motorway driving, havent got round to getting one yet tho, if you find something of good quality for a good price let me know. And some pics would be great, considered a remap before, but to my 1.6SX in only adds 5-8 bhp lol, waste of money, just got a bmc cda instead...

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Ha, yeah, well long story (will try and make it short)...

Got job - Got company car - Tried to sell Leon - Didn't sell, gave to my brother and tried to sell his Ibiza - Unfairly lost job (wont go into detail [:@]) and therefore the car - Luckily Ibiza didn't sell, so swapped back over with my brother and got my Leon back :D

Since lost job I was un-employed for around 5 months so started my own sport science fitness testing business while searching for a job, and then at end of Jan got this brilliant warehouse manager job (although only 6 months temporary)!

So with my fitness testing business for evenings and weekends and now my full time warehouse manager job, I'm absolutely knackered, but now have some money in my back pocket and once again living life comfortably, and hence why modding again :clap::funk:

And that's been my car/job/financial life between then and now pretty much! Lol. :D

Nov 15, 2010
Harrogate, England
Cheers.

It's website address for my business. Also have one on the back too.

Great cheap advertising tool, but don't really like the look to be honest, so probably will be ordering some magnetic advertising signs to go on car to replace the stickers I have. Then I can quickly switch between business and pleasure ;)

Cheers! Yeah I love cruise control, always use it when using my Dad's car or a company car, brilliant when on motorway at night or it's quiet.

Ha, yeah, first time I ever used cruise control I hated it as didn't feel in control at all, but now I think it's the best thing since sliced bread! Hence why I want it so much on my Leon!

Cheers! Yeah the platinum grey turns up really nice in the summer after a good wax.

I'm always keeping my eye out for a cheap set of cupra/fr alloys, but I love the look of these alloys at the moment, just a shame they didn't make them any bigger than 15"!!!

Theres a set of 17" starfish alloys on a ebay that are rather cheap at the moment.

Feb 24, 2010
London
ohhh, i see, lots of changes, however back to nearly the same (minus the company car) lol, its good to hear that things are sorting out then, and nothing is better than having the money to do what you want really.. good luck on the job and ofcorse the business, never know, might end up better off than you thought! And the car didnt sell for the reason of being too good to get rid of haha, like the new pics! and yh, let me know how you get on with the mods... have never considered cruise control, but would be interested on how its fitted and what price, might be worth it in the end..

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Theres a set of 17" starfish alloys on a ebay that are rather cheap at the moment.

Cheers, got your PM :)

ohhh, i see, lots of changes, however back to nearly the same (minus the company car) lol, its good to hear that things are sorting out then, and nothing is better than having the money to do what you want really.. good luck on the job and ofcorse the business, never know, might end up better off than you thought! And the car didnt sell for the reason of being too good to get rid of haha, like the new pics! and yh, let me know how you get on with the mods... have never considered cruise control, but would be interested on how its fitted and what price, might be worth it in the end..

Yeah, I'm hoping that when my temp job contract runs out in July, my business will more established to hopefully live off! That's the plan anyway.

You can get cruise control on ebay for about £80 I think and meant to be easy to fit. But if I get a remap, the same place will do cruise control for £115, so may just do that to save some hassle.

Torred, how soft are the 17s compared to 15/16s? my 18s are pretty hard on the bumps

I had 17s on my mk3 Ibiza and the difference between them and the 14s and 15s I had on was very noticeable, much harsher ride. But depends on the profile of tyre you go for.

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
what are the gains from the map? amd are reasonable on remaps and the prices are ok

Been told I should expect it to go from 110 to around 145 bhp and torque from 235 to 295

So should feel a hell of a lot quicker!

Hopefully getting mine from AwsomeGTI. Reputable company and only £199!

Feb 24, 2010
London
Been told I should expect it to go from 110 to around 145 bhp and torque from 235 to 295

So should feel a hell of a lot quicker!

Hopefully getting mine from AwsomeGTI. Reputable company and only £199!

Impresive figures, just 5bhp away from cupra tdi, wish i had gotten a tdi too, but the insurance was higher on it for some reason.. yeah awsome shouldnt be any worse than amd!

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
I was recently looking for a cupra/fr tdi as wanted more power, but for the price I was after they were very high miles, no service history and generally pretty shabby. So much better off just remapping my current car.

At least with my 110 tdi I'm only the second owner, and 1st owner it was a company car and was maintained regardless of cost. So at 104k miles it's still as good as new! (apart from the tw*t that pulled my wing mirror off and the idiots in car parks that can't open their doors without causing damage to my car!)

Gordz

May 31, 2007
North East
Although no pics yet, I thought I'd do a little update...

- Window shades are now fitted and look brilliant. Unless you're right close to the car it looks like they're tinted from the outside. Away from the styling benefits, car is also much cooler when left in sun and don't get dazzled by tw*ts in 4x4s or those with fog lights on 24/7. Also gives bit more added security as can't easily see into the back seats.

- Ordered some HIDs :D said I wouldn't bother again after my last set, but I miss the look and so thought I'd give H7R bulbs a go, as apparently these should give a better beam pattern and not be as dazzling for other drivers.

- Got some genuine SEAT mats as well, although they have Toledo on them and not Leon, but were only about £12 I think for the set, which is better than paying £40+ for Leon ones!

- And also order some magnetic advertising signs to go on the car for my business, so I can remove the vinyl website stickers I have on, which although are a good advertising tool, I just think it looks crap! lol. (plus when I need to get somewhere quick it may give my business a bad image :p) So with magnetic ones I can attach and remove when I please.

Will get pics up of the above when I get a chance / when they arrive and are fitted.

kingbee

Apr 25, 2011
Hey Gordz,

Looking nice and clean, but beg, borrow or steal for a remap and green cotton filter!

I reckon you'd buzz off those more than all your other mods so far!

All the best

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members