gearbox problem... started after going through water

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
as title, my cars suddenly developed a gearbox problem... it started after the heavy rain we had last week, our road was closed and we had to go via a basic gravel track, this was covered in muddy puddles, some very deep, lost the splitter in one of them... anyway, after getting back on to the proper road, i had massive clutch judder (i think thats what it was) in 2nd and 3rd gear, didnt even try and drive in those gears, just stuck in 1st and after a couple of hundred yard it was fine again.... now noticed that night a wierd noise, like something spinning and catching something, intermitent, somethimes it would stop with the clutch dipped, and next minute visa versa.... now its pretty much there all the time.... but now ive noticed a massive whine from the gear box on accelleration and decelleration throughout the lower 3 gears.... it constantly sounds like your in reverse... bit mubo jumbo this, going to try and get a video of the noise sometime today... any ideas??

thanks

epts2008

rule the bends
Mar 19, 2009
Chelmsford, Essex
I've got the same problem mate mine went last night sounds horrible like it's gonna seize any minute I've had a look and my offside driveshaft boot on the gearbox is soaked in gearbox oil so hopefully it's just popped out slightly

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.