Formentor PHEV: real world performance?

Apr 27, 2024
Hi - first time here: I have the Formentor plug in hybrid on my list for my next car. Comparing PHEVs is difficult, but I'm trying to figure out a) how far you can travel on electric alone, and b) what's the fuel consumption (mpg) like when the batery is flat? Interested to hear your experience and thoughts about this vehicle. Thanks!

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
Average is 35-40 km (max) on hybrid. Average usage is around 8-22 lt / 100 km. If battery level is low and I drive at low speeds like 30-35 km/h, it uses 22-25 lt like a maniac.

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
I can do 28 odd miles given or take a few depending on how much the Aircon is used and what traffic is like. 40mpg is the other number.

But I will say the only other PHEV I would consider is the lexus nx400 series. Nothing else drives as well, and is as comfortable.

Reactions: Richiepoos

Sandiemandie

Jul 6, 2023
Concur with letsforment, but pushing 35 miles in summer, again 40_50mpg petrol alone, 80-100mpg in hybrid. Definitely a split personality….so comfortable and refined in relaxed mode, but a lot of fun to be had when you want it!!

Mar 8, 2024
Im getting anywhere between 28-34 in winter (with & without ac) & 40 miles when temps go above 16-18degree. Not sure how im getting 40miles but I am, might be my journey to work & home is hilly and im regenning a few miles back and the computer is learning my work trip who knows. Petrol MPG alone roughly 50 as long as you dont put it in Cupra Mode! When you run out of juice the car still regens from braking so reality is prob 40mpg but your always regenning battery if set to high.

My driving data over 386miles between fuel fill ups is 156mg and I put £20 in the tank trying to keep the weight down as much as i can. Driving mode is old fart for work & Cupra on the weekend. For work i try and squeeze every last bit of electric out of it. My daily mileage is 42miles.

Average MPG is a bit of BS on these cars, its relative. I get high MPG on trips 130mpg to MAXmpg but my work is exactly 21miles to home. If my work was further away it would be low and id say the car was shite.
If your charging at home at 28p vs 7.5p on a off peak tariff your looking at a car thats not too much cheaper than a normal petrol car and your 150mpg is meaningless and just as expensive. To save money you need a off peak charging tariff.

Hope that helps - Other than that this car is awesome, coming from a Golf R & GTi previously i did think i needed my head testing getting one of these, but it was a fantastic decision and keeps my license clean. Fast enough to overtake, slow enough to save money and a real joy to drive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise