Fitting Alhambra MIB STD2 PQ (Discover Media PQ)

hcuk94

Dec 27, 2022
hi all,
I currently have an RNS510 in my Mk2 facelift Leon (2012).

Am I right in thinking that the MIB STD2 PQ (aka Discover Media PQ) units that came in later gen mk2 Alhambras are a direct replacement to the old RNS platform?

If so, does anyone know if these units work in a mk2 facelift Leon? Are they the correct shape for the trim, and do they use the built in mic, aux and USB in the car? Specifically, does CarPlay work over the original USB port?

I know people use the RCD330s but i’m less keen on these as they don’t use any of the original fittings (without mods)

Thanks in advance

hcuk94

Dec 27, 2022
Thanks @Syphon

From reading around online it does sound like the MIB PQ unit will work in place of an RNS unit provided I get one with the component protection removed, but I'm not sure on the following:
- Whether I would need a can gateway upgrade (as I have a facelift Leon mk2, I already have the one that supports RNS without battery drain - but I'm not sure if different again for MIB).
- Whether I could use the existing centre console USB and Aux port in the Leon (and if so, whether it is plug & play or whether I would need to do some hackery to fit a new port to the existing fascia or something else that's a non-reversible change)

So if anyone has any ideas on that it'd be very much appreciated

Reactions: Syphon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.