DQ200 upgrade?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ok cool so in theory I could buy a 1.4 250 box & swap everything over? If that’s the case then I will keep all my parts for a rainy day

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Ok thanks for the link & your help. I’m keen to get it back asap as dead on mates ramp plus need to run engine in before next track day so will deal with the gearbox next year. At least I’ve got uprated clutch & diff turning up for the 200 so hopefully won’t go sideways lol

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
If you do get up to it, can you make detailed notes and pictures of the wiring connector changes?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Yeah sure. Wiring is easy I believe as it’s the same, just a different connector. Only difference is if you want to retrofit the diff as you need steering harness

May 29, 2024
drive-shafts(??) - YES
starter motor mated to the chosen gearbox - Yes
Hi, I am new to the forum and planning on doing the same DQ200 to DQ250 swap on a 1.8 TSI engine.
I have figured out all the correct parts so far but can't find the correct starter motor needed. My car doesn't have auto start stop feature and I have seen that starters are of two types, either with auto start stop or without. The DQ250 car from which I got the box has auto start stop. Hence I am having problems on finalising the correct starter motor my car needs. So which starter did you end up with? Can you share the part number or any other valuable insights?
Also did you change both left and right drive shafts or only left?

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
Hi, I am new to the forum and planning on doing the same DQ200 to DQ250 swap on a 1.8 TSI engine.
I have figured out all the correct parts so far but can't find the correct starter motor needed. My car doesn't have auto start stop feature and I have seen that starters are of two types, either with auto start stop or without. The DQ250 car from which I got the box has auto start stop. Hence I am having problems on finalising the correct starter motor my car needs. So which starter did you end up with? Can you share the part number or any other valuable insights?
Also did you change both left and right drive shafts or only left?
Change both driveshafts. And you can use the starter from the donor, it will just not be used as start-stop :)

Please keep us updated on your progress! (with pictures ofcourse :p )

Reactions: kessss
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.