CUPRA Leon MK4 Build date and delivery tracker

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Finally got good news today after 20months!
Car has finally been built and has left the factory, will be offered a delivery date once it reaches the port.
VZ3 245 e-hybrid estate in magentic grey ordered Oct 2021!
I'm in a similar position ..... ordered a VZ2 PHEV Nevada White through company lease in Oct '21..... build / delivery dates came and went last year .... then for the good majority of this year no updates other than awaiting parts & build... then out of the blue .....car is in build and will be at the dealer at the end of the month! I will only believe it when I see it in the metal! 21 months lead time for a standard product is just crazy!

Reactions: Seastormer

Solo

May 30, 2015
Had an update on mine today with a new estimated delivery date. It's now October '23 with still no build date! I don't know if these are automatically generated guesses or if someone has put some thought into it as the email is just a standard 'update' template, same every time.

neilargyle

Jun 12, 2018
Had an update on mine today with a new estimated delivery date. It's now October '23 with still no build date! I don't know if these are automatically generated guesses or if someone has put some thought into it as the email is just a standard 'update' template, same every time.
Mine says 24/10/23 as well, as of Wednesday - again, this is an automated 2 weekly update. Oct 23 would make it 23 months! Crazy

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I ordered a seat Leon in xcellence lux spec, 1.5 eTSI in the uk at the back end of Jan 2022, estimated Sept 22. From Jan 23 I have had dates staring around now, then first week of May as the build week. It actually left to the port first week of May.

I suspect it arrived in the port in the uk Friday, although no update on this, just me following the vessel. Technically it should arrive dealers late this week/early next, so hopefully I’ve light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, this means if you’ve been given a date recently it’s not far off.
How did you obtain the vessel details to track the shopping??

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
I didn’t. I just knew it was on the way to the docks from the dealer, then I kept an eye on what was docking and their destinations.

For example, docked today is Serenity Ace. United spirit is e route to the UK, eta 14/6. Have a look on https://www.vesselfinder.com/

Jan 12, 2023
Finally taken delivery of a Cupra Leon, 245 Petrol Only. Very enjoyable to drive, and generally no issues. Very impressed.
Although it took 11 months, it arrived only 2 weeks after my original lease was due for return, so very lucky I guess.
One odd thing though, the plastic engine cover is missing, and Cupra are advising that these engines aren’t being supplied with engines covers due to a known issue with the cover!
Looks ropey to be honest, hope a new cover gets shipped when they sort the issue out!

20230611_112847.JPG
20230609_184839.JPG

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Finally taken delivery of a Cupra Leon, 245 Petrol Only. Very enjoyable to drive, and generally no issues. Very impressed.
Although it took 11 months, it arrived only 2 weeks after my original lease was due for return, so very lucky I guess.
One odd thing though, the plastic engine cover is missing, and Cupra are advising that these engines aren’t being supplied with engines covers due to a known issue with the cover!
Looks ropey to be honest, hope a new cover gets shipped when they sort the issue out!

View attachment 37077 View attachment 37076

Missing engine covers also affect other VAG brands and other Cupra models.

The engine cover issue is the subject of an official safety recall - there was an issue with the fixing points and a risk of the engine cover working loose and touching very hot under bonnet components - in some cases causing a fire. No ETA for revised engine covers;

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Missing engine covers also affect other VAG brands and other Cupra models.

The engine cover issue is the subject of an official safety recall - there was an issue with the fixing points and a risk of the engine cover working loose and touching very hot under bonnet components - in some cases causing a fire. No ETA for revised engine covers;

Do you know if MY23 is affected by this too?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Do you know if MY23 is affected by this too?
Forum member @mike.burrows50 has only just taken delivery of his car (see post #226 in this discussion thread) which should be a MY23 car and it doesn't have an engine cover fitted. So in answer to your question, yes, MY23 is affected.

I think Seat start the production of the next year’s model year vehicles around the beginning of June each year, so they may now be building MY24 vehicles. I’ve not read anything on this forum or any of the VW Golf forums to suggest that revised engine covers are being fitted yet, in which case MY24 vehicles will also be missing the engine cover.

Reactions: Hitonthechin

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I didn’t. I just knew it was on the way to the docks from the dealer, then I kept an eye on what was docking and their destinations.

For example, docked today is Serenity Ace. United spirit is e route to the UK, eta 14/6. Have a look on https://www.vesselfinder.com/
Looks like United Spirit docked yesterday in Grimsby, so potentially getting some news from the dealers/finance companies soon about delivery.

How long did it take from docking to arrival at the dealer for you? I'm guessing atleast another week or so?

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
Yeah, about a week. 1.5 weeks to collecting from dealer though, although was a bank holiday weekend likely delaying things

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Manufactured 03.05. Confirmed in Bulgaria on 14.06 (they were arguing they are fastest in deliveries without any delay :) ). Still awaiting registration from dealer. But it is here!!

hughesy81

Dec 10, 2020
I emailed my broker today, and the finance docs arrived 5 minutes later! Ordered in February '23 and I'm being told it'll be end of July '23. As other posts here, I'll believe it when I see it! If this is true, then I'm guessing I'm pretty lucky from what I can see in this thread and on the spreadsheet...

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
I'm in a similar position ..... ordered a VZ2 PHEV Nevada White through company lease in Oct '21..... build / delivery dates came and went last year .... then for the good majority of this year no updates other than awaiting parts & build... then out of the blue .....car is in build and will be at the dealer at the end of the month! I will only believe it when I see it in the metal! 21 months lead time for a standard product is just crazy!
Any further news on yours? I have chased up the lease company but haven't heard back. I assume with the news we both got at the same time, likelihood is they we have similar delivery timelines.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Got an update today -

The dealer have advised the Leon has a very long lead time at the moment and they are still waiting for the manufacturer to assign it a confirmed build week, although it currently has been given an unconfirmed build week of 41. This means that they are expecting it to land at the dealership end of December/Early January at the moment.

Ordered it October last year.

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
Got an update today -

The dealer have advised the Leon has a very long lead time at the moment and they are still waiting for the manufacturer to assign it a confirmed build week, although it currently has been given an unconfirmed build week of 41. This means that they are expecting it to land at the dealership end of December/Early January at the moment.

Ordered it October last year.
It really sucks! Apparently mine is built and on its way, should be around the next 2 weeks or so and that would bring it to 21months since order, hopefully it won't be as long for you 🤞

Reactions: Richiepoos

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Any further news on yours? I have chased up the lease company but haven't heard back. I assume with the news we both got at the same time, likelihood is they we have similar delivery timelines.
No updates, last update was at the start of this month. It was then expected to be at the dealer this week? No motivation to chase, its been that long a process! :ROFLMAO:

Hitonthechin

Jan 18, 2023
No updates, last update was at the start of this month. It was then expected to be at the dealer this week? No motivation to chase, its been that long a process! :ROFLMAO:
Honestly I'm running out of energy 🤣 Still nothing this end either 🥱

Jun 29, 2023
Company car user here - Ordered through fleet in October 2021 - so coming onto 20x months. Ordered a VZ3 Estate in White. Still waiting on a build date at the moment.

Currently in a Leon estate FR Sport which is a great car - but the company car tax is killing me! To save £160 a month in tax is long overdue!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023
I received delivery of my Cupra Leon VZ1 / Magnetic Tech Grey / Medium pack today, and I must say I love it to pieces already!!

I ordered through Select Car Leasing on 3rd October 2022 - original estimate delivery being December 2022 (clearly to get my hopes up!)

Apart from a slight blemish on the paintwork that the dealership is looking into, as well as the missing engine cover due to the recall, it is amazing!

It's also with noting, despite Cupra saying the car only comes with 'Wired Android Auto', mine came with wireless!

20230629_193551.jpg
20230629_125200.jpg
20230629_090759.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.