car tax

Danger zone

Oct 4, 2019
A person posted this on face book ateca and formentor group this was, dealer was struggling to tax it , recieved call today they are collecting, as all Formentor s have been blocked on tax system & being given use of Ateca ????,

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
So my dealer just informed me that all formentors off road until they find a fix for a front radar fault.Im awaiting Cupra UK getting in touch to fire some bullets, mine been stuck in Grimsby for over a week and not getting transported until 14.12.20

Reactions: jcbmally

Nessy

Dec 8, 2020
Just had the same call. Issues with the front assist system Apparently. I was supposed to collect mine tomorrow.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Not a good start for their flagship model TBF.

Danger zone

Oct 4, 2019
I don't want to upset the dealerships nor Cupra too much, but I have picked up my Formentor VZ on 2 December with missing items, but it has been road taxed at DVLA and insured by Seat Insurance. I have not experienced any fault and I am only aware of a software update that was necessary prior to release.

Ian mc

Oct 24, 2020
I don't want to upset the dealerships nor Cupra too much, but I have picked up my Formentor VZ on 2 December with missing items, but it has been road taxed at DVLA and insured by Seat Insurance. I have not experienced any fault and I am only aware of a software update that was necessary prior to release.
What missing items??

Danger zone

Oct 4, 2019
Please find appended below a schedule of the parts I think are not on my Formentor that Cupra advertise as being standard on the build.

1 - Footrest plate is in plastic not metal as in the picture of the right hand drive vehicle
and as mentioned on the YouTube reviews.
2 - Missing 230V power supply in the boot, which is described as standard across all
Formentor models, has been replaced with a blanking plate giving the impression
that it could be added. This is disappointing as this is the VZ model which is
supposed to have everything installed as standard - no optional extras.
3 - The under seat storage is not installed on the passenger and Driver's seats, but
again is advertised as available as standard on all Formentor models.
4 - The plaque denoting the numbered vehicle has not been supplied, but allegedly is
in hand to be supplied by the end of December.
5 - The Roadside Assist pack is missing
6 - The carpets are shown with Cupra Logo and carbon design, but the carpets
supplied are not as good quality as expected.
7 - From the reviews and what I saw from the Cupra adverts I expected there to be a
Subwoofer in the boot.

I have to admit that I feel I have been duped by Cupra and whilst the car is excellent these omissions leave the car being the poor relation to the Spanish and German cars advertised

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I confirmed, that European models are also on hold and not issued to customers.

So we have 3 problems with new cars:
1. Tax/registration problem
2. Front assist
3. Missing items in UK models.

Yaz2010

Sep 16, 2020
That is really bad considering the car is 40k plus.

Advertising something and delivering something else is making few cancellations. My local dealer called and he has now more than 3 cars which got ordered but now cancelled and they would like me to come down and dicuss offers.

Danger zone

Oct 4, 2019
They tell you one thing that is not true and it spirals from that point I have lost all faith in Cupra makes you think when the guy on the phone dose not no the CEO of Cupra UK or the overall CEO of Cupra Spain and when you tell them an item is missing they remove from broacher !!! that also change the spec of vz3 and vz it should have been named tormentor ?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.