boost leak? [logs included]

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Hello guys :)

I went out with jamiebennett to do some logging tonight as my car doesn't feel as fast as it was before FMIC.

You can check the logs here.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2811089&postcount=60

Everything point to boost leak right?

Is everything else ok?

But my spec boost pretty much is meeting my actual boost all the way. So i dont really understand.

Please can anyone put some light on that ?

Last edited:

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Hi!

Which intercooler have you fitted? Some intercoolers can cause laggy boost until stage 2 mapping is carried out.

Have you changed the exhaust?

Also worth considering the N75 valve, although it seems more likely that the intercooler fitment has caused you an issue

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Small one from ebay.

Exhaust is not changed yet. N75J valve you mean Will?

Yes im sure that it was intercooler fitment that caused this sluggish behavior but does it look like there is a boost leak?

I had some problems taking MAP sensor out. In the end i had to drill screw out. Maybe that damaged sensor somehow :/
Thanks

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Well....

Im off now to take bumper off and redo all. See you in 7 hours i guess (there goes my day off) :p

btw 178g/s that looks good for a mapped LC i guess ?

Last edited:

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Everything goes very easy today i must say (touch wood). Bumper off and almost all clips retightened. FMIC straightened up. I will take it for a spin soon. If it doesnt feel better then i will go buy new map sensor.

Anyone knows MAP sensor part number ? :) EDIT: found it - 0281 002 177 for auq between 00 - 03

I must be nuts but im almost enjoying this :D

Tony i will call you later if after all of the above it wont feel faster. Thanks, i know you got your own car to sort out now.

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

Everything goes very easy today i must say (touch wood). Bumper off and almost all clips retightened. FMIC straightened up. I will take it for a spin soon. If it doesnt feel better then i will go buy new map sensor.

Anyone knows MAP sensor part number ? :) EDIT: found it - 0281 002 177 for auq between 00 - 03

I must be nuts but im almost enjoying this :D

Tony i will call you later if after all of the above it wont feel faster. Thanks, i know you got your own car to sort out now.

If you had to drill the map sensor (no offence) but I reckon there is a major leak there unless you get a proper one fitted

make sure it's tight and sit flush. I can imagine as it tool so long you perhaps out it together in haste as I k ownit took you a while. Trust Me I the feeling as the same happened to me :)

yep shout me up! Beer is lovely mate :D

gulzar

LCR jabba'd
Oct 1, 2007
hey guys, was just having a look at the logs n doesnt seem like there is a boost leak. requested seems to be meeting or there abouts with the actual boost.
fmic is normally more helpful as a stage 2 upgrade. map might need tweaking. as far as the intercooler being the cause , the thicker piping might be the reason it feels more laggy.thats if your using larger diameter piping than oem pipes.

i recently installed a front mount in my lcr and did find that the initial throttle response seemed a little less but the cooler air has made it quicker otherwise.plus i used larger diameter piping than oem pipes.

also if i recollect correctly, the map sensor is what vag com uses and your logs show boost to be meeting requested so dont know if the map sensor does need replacing unless ive missed something.

dont know if any of that helps tho :)

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Yes it was either faulty MAP sensor or a leak from MAP senor which got damaged when i've tried to take it off old piping :)