Battery Cover

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Hi, Now I've got my engine cover on I'm wondering if anyone has sourced a battery cover - something like this
1712757061892.jpeg

I got one from Ali Express for my Skoda vRS, it was a perfect fit and match and looked smart. Unfortunately they don't do one for the Formentor yet.

Anyone tried one from a different car that fits?

Thanks

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I may be wrong (I often am! 🤣) but I thought certain types of car battery need to be able to vent off certain types of gas(es).

My VW has the 12v battery in the spare wheel well in the boot, and there’s a flexible rubber vent tube to the outside of the car in the bottom of the spare wheel to allow venting to happen. Would fitting a hard plastic cover to the battery prevent venting happening?

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
I may be wrong (I often am! 🤣) but I thought certain types of car battery need to be able to vent off certain types of gas(es).

My VW has the 12v battery in the spare wheel well in the boot, and there’s a flexible rubber vent tube to the outside of the car in the bottom of the spare wheel to allow venting to happen. Would fitting a hard plastic cover to the battery prevent venting happening?
Good question. There are so many different battery types now I have no idea, and it hadn't occured to me - so thanks.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I have had a battery cover on mine for many years and the original battery came in a sleeve the covered the top and all sides.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Afraid not, the last few SEAT Cupra's (Biza, Leon) had an OE cover on, but these cars are long gone. Funny that the so called premium CUPRA doesn't have one when all the cheaper SEAT's did.

I dare say Seat doesn’t fit them any longer either. VW haven’t fitted them for many years now.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
But you can buy aftermarket covers for the battery, control unit and fuse box cant (which is what i fitted) and cant say I have seen any issues reported with people fitting these.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise