Ateca mudflaps and traffic sign recognition

Apr 1, 2024
Hi all I'm new to this forum and just purchased a 72 plate Ateca SE Tech from a Seat Main Dealer. I asked them to fit mudflaps to the car ready for when I collect it, when I arrived they said Seat only fit front mudflaps. I noticed that the front mud flaps didn't look a good fit (attached photos) and as I needed to get away and knowing there will be others things needing rectifying I said I'll be in touch once I have had it for a day or two. Has anyone had front mudflaps fitted and does the fitting look like mine fitted by a main dealer.

Also I asked the salesman 4 times before collecting it can he set it to traffic sign recognition. Unfortunately, it's still not showing, I've looked through the forum posts to find out how to activate it but can't find any post saying how to go into settings and activate them.

Can anyone help please on either subject?.

Attachments

• Mud Flaps.jpg
    Mud Flaps.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 37
Apr 1, 2024
Hi thank you for replying. Is there no way I can have traffic sign recognition now then. I did ask salesman he never if he could set it up and never said the previous owner didn’t have it. Looks like I’ll have to use Waze or Google maps

Apr 1, 2024
That’s kind of you, if you can give me an idea how much I can have a good think.

Vin VSSZZZ5F2P6519331

Much appreciated

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Hi thank you for replying. Is there no way I can have traffic sign recognition now then. I did ask salesman he never if he could set it up and never said the previous owner didn’t have it. Looks like I’ll have to use Waze or Google maps
Looking at the Seat sales brochures it looks like the Xperience model upwards had it as standard.

Apr 1, 2024
Thank you for your time.. think I’ll just stick to google maps and waze.
many thanks for your time and help.

Tell

Staff member
You need the lane assist camera but then not all lane assist cameras are capable of it. We had good results early on with Atecas using the coding

Then on other Vag models lane assist cameras were starting to be fitted which were not capable of it. The lane assist camera has the V aperture but you'd know if you had it. It's a high definition imaging camera.

Possibly the Vag bin of parts at the Ateca factory was full of the full spec cameras. If you went back to preface lifted models with lane assist you'd be in luck. After its a suck and see thing.

You need the lane assist camera but then not all lane assist cameras are capable of it. We had good results early on with Atecas using the coding

Then on other Vag models lane assist cameras were starting to be fitted which were not capable of it. The lane assist camera has the V aperture but you'd know if you had it. It's a high definition imaging camera.

Possibly the Vag bin of parts at the Ateca factory was full of the full spec cameras. If you went back to preface lifted models with lane assist you'd be in luck. After its a suck and see thing.
The 2Q0 camera fitted to the cars mentioned above are all capable of TSR, however it's SWaP - coding is no longer enough. It's the same story for the 5WA cameras fitted to MQBevo vehicles

It's not that they're not capable of it, VWAG have just made it more fun/expensive to enable. On some models it's available to purchase in the digital store, however Seat don't really seem to have bothered doing that

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
The 2Q0 camera fitted to the cars mentioned above are all capable of TSR, however it's SWaP - coding is no longer enough. It's the same story for the 5WA cameras fitted to MQBevo vehicles

It's not that they're not capable of it, VWAG have just made it more fun/expensive to enable. On some models it's available to purchase in the digital store, however Seat don't really seem to have bothered doing that
It seems VW and Skoda have a history of giving away their tech with a mod. Audi don't but will sell it. Seat don't but don't bother to sell it. Mapcare being a case in point which was utterly daft not to sell it in the UK and what was sold was prohibitively expective in Europe whilst VW and Skoda gave it away.

General rule now after 2020 is buy a car fully specified and don't expect DIY mods to the electronics to add bells and whistles since they have been closed down by the software against simple coding hacks. Elevates retrofitters to a new position of knowing what is possible. Buyer beware when buying a new car to understand the tech options.

Reactions: CosmicBlue

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I have enabled TSR with vcds on my 2020 Xperience Lux

seems to work fine but I don't get any other traffic signs! just speed limits

I thought that it was supposed to pick up other traffic signs too?

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Correct.

Suck it and see on these things now as the Vag bin of parts may be more specific. We always got good results on the Ateca, it was people following the coding on other models that found the camera wasn't right.

Traffic signs with speed on them are what it sees. Clever stuff.

The other signs can be shown as two panels. The second one is the option. Seen that in France. Its where the limit has an option. You decide whether it applies to you. You can toggle to see the other sign from memory. I wondered what the overlay was about and the next trip or two twigged.. and mine is a 2017 Ateca.

Ateca manual at time. I paid for the full trimmings. I had everything except the tow bar. They were sold like pizzas 🍕 then... you selected extra topping. Vag then changed how they sold their cars. Stuff on mine you can't buy now 🤣.

Screenshot_20240410_221610_Drive.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Yes you see it as you get off the ferry on those roads. As I recall the split sign, you see two or more is on the infotainment screen, side by side or you poke it to split out, whilst you just see too rings overlapping the FIS / Virtual screen. You poke the display to get them to split out to see what it's saying on the infotainment, least on mib2. Will be similar on mib3. Took a few visits to work out what the overlapping road sign on FIS meant. Speed change on wet roads on the French / Belgium road.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members