Any help appreciated! ASAP

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Ok, so could this still be a likely cause then, with said symptoms?

Not revving over 3500rpm
spluttering idle
complete loss of accelerator at one point
and the 2/3 fault codes i've got?

EDIT:

all of the above is at a stand still I havent attempted to move the car

Last edited:

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
isnt it just a 5mm allen key to remove the throttle body?

id strip it off and clean all the whole thing top to bottom, also check around the bottom of the injectors as a little search on google and someone said the injector o-rings were leaking

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Ill clean the TB tomorrow then, i have just taken the car down the road, and it basically chugged along with no real response from the accelerator. Only to notice when i wanted to stop i had no brakes.. they were as solid as a rock?

This give anybody else any ideas?

Thanks again

EDIT: Checked the brake servo hose and that isn't split

Last edited:

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Could a dying battery cause these issues? Due to low voltage?

Also another issue that has become apparent recently.. Since i changed my Interior bulbs for LED bulbs, when i unlock my car even after i have opened the drivers door and got in, it still locked itself after 1 minute.. could any of these things be related? Long shot i know but i really am out of ideas :'(

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
brakes work off vacuum so assume a huge leak somewhere, check under the inlet for split pipe really check them tho get your hands on them and check dont just look and assume

battery can be tested at most motor factors make sure they do a proper check with a load on the battery

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Ok mate cheers, just had a route around the TIP and it seems completely intact .. if not a little gunky around the turbo side, will check under inlet tomorrow

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
VCDS required
Enter Engine
Basic Settings
block 060
Go

It should count up and report adaption OK.. if it fails, its possible cause is low battery voltage, and wiring/power issue to the throttle controller... Sounds daft but check all your fuses are ok.

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Thanks for your input Bill, I dont think checking the fuses is daft at all, since i fitted my LED lights my electrics have been a little weird, couple of fuses blew. Then the locking issue, flickering lights... ill check them after work.

Next up is to see if i can find anybody with VAGCOM locally.

Cheers

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
Ok something else i have just noticed, when you have the ignition on and you get the high pitch squeal for around a minute from the TB area? Well that high pitch squeal is there but it also sounds like there's scratching/static type sound at the same time with the noise coming from the TB, then if you just turn the ignition off without starting the car the TB makes a tapping/clunking noise?

Im going to upload a video in a second

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
the butterfly opens to begin with and is controllable with the throttle then after a while it makes a clunk and stops opening? this is with just the ignition on.

EDIT - Checked all my fuses and everything is ok there :(

Last edited:

Rivva

Want more power!!
Feb 12, 2004
Doncaster
Visit site
THANK THE ******* LORD.. FIXED!!

Didnt realise the sensor for the TB was located out of sight (behind it), i thought it was the sensor on the front next to it on the inlet? Was a real pain to get free (the sensor) but managed to get it off without breaking the plastic clip.. gave it a little clean plugged her back in.. the crackling/static sound had gone and voila perfect tick over!!

Thank you ever so much everyone who tried to help!!

CupraTurbo20v

Jul 16, 2013
Birmingham, West Midlands
i have this exact problem! traffic lights are a nightmare having to keep my revs high otherwise it cuts out! such a hard problem to identify ive changed everything! :( EDIT: My car boosts full revs fine, just on idle it chokes really bad and cuts out -_-

Last edited:

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Glad you got this sorted mate!

Don't suppose you were round Rossington about two weeks ago, early one morning were you?
When i set off from my road a Red LCR came round the corner . . . I was too tired to wave / flash (the lights), sorry.

Only seen two people from Donny on here with red LCR's, the other being Yorkshirecuprar.

Andy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.